Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Preset Dim commands and Switchlinc  (Read 7859 times)

sylvain bombardier

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Preset Dim commands and Switchlinc
« on: April 17, 2006, 09:39:26 AM »

Hello,

I'm trying to send preset dim commands to my SwitchLinc but the extended code I've found so far does not seem to work.
I tried "sendplc D9 ExtCode 31 1F" as mentionned elsewhere on the forums but without any success.
The switch reacts to "sendplc D9 PresetDim1" though. The switch by itself is working fine with preset if I use my Smarthome controller instead of the CM15A.
Does annyone know how to send the preset dims corrrectly?

Thanks,
Sylvain Bombardier

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
Re: Preset Dim commands and Switchlinc
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 02:10:37 PM »

I'm trying to send preset dim commands to my SwitchLinc but the extended code I've found so far does not seem to work.
I tried "sendplc D9 ExtCode 31 1F" as mentionned elsewhere on the forums but without any success.
The switch reacts to "sendplc D9 PresetDim1" though. The switch by itself is working fine with preset if I use my Smarthome controller instead of the CM15A.
Does annyone know how to send the preset dims corrrectly?

SmartHome modules do not support the Extended Code commands.  Instead they use the old preset dim commands.  I described how to use the preset dim command in the thread Reading TempLinc temperature codes?.

sylvain bombardier

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 04:01:55 PM »

Does that mean I'm bound to the preset level on which my Switch is tied? IE: My switch is on house code "D". Does that mean I can only have 16% or 68% ?
Is there a way to acccess to other values with the "sendplc" command? Do I need to use the "sendrawplc"

Thanks,
Sylvain

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 11:04:37 AM »

Does that mean I'm bound to the preset level on which my Switch is tied? IE: My switch is on house code "D". Does that mean I can only have 16% or 68% ?

No, you are not "bound to the preset level on which my Switch is tied."  Although most commands must use the same house code as the module you are controlling, the PresetDim commands do not.  That is one reason why X10 never implemented the PresetDim command in any of their modules and developed an "Extended Dim" command instead (used by their 2-way lamp module).

Is there a way to acccess to other values with the "sendplc" command? Do I need to use the "sendrawplc"

Yes.  You need to send two separate commands though (one for the address and one for the command).  For example if your module is set to address D5, and you wanted to dim it to 52%, you would send the following commands:

sendplc D5
sendplc M PresetDim2

Kind of strange I know, but that is how it works.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.