Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: BYER BEWARE of iWitness bundled with ActiveHome Pro  (Read 84770 times)

ZZ

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: BYER BEWARE of iWitness bundled with ActiveHome Pro
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2006, 01:32:58 PM »

I did use the restore in XP but it did not resolve all of my windows issues. I got the file from this page http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm I still don't understand why my PC crashes while trying to install the WDM audio capture driver it is requiring during the install. I have to click cancel to installing the driver to boot my PC. The video is working fine.

I am a software presenter for a Fortune 1000 company and I am far from being a techno idiot. If you have any insight please let me know.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 01:50:15 PM by ZZ »
Current Configuration:
* Windows XP Pro
* Active Home Pro Interface CM15A
* 2  Color wireless cameras XX17A
* Iwitness Software
* Myhome Software
* Ninja Pan and Tilt accessory VK74A
* 2 Eagle Eye Motion Sensors MX14A
* USB VGA Adapter VA11A
* Wireless Receiver VR36A

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2006, 02:49:58 PM »

If you install this, how does the system crash -- blue screen, re-boot, error message?

ZZ

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2006, 07:00:02 PM »

NO BSOD or Crash to desktop. It just powers off and reboots. Now my CD/DVD drive and Soundblaster drivers won't load. I had to use a restore point to get them back.  :-[
Current Configuration:
* Windows XP Pro
* Iwitness Software
* Myhome Software
* USB VGA Adapter VA11A

Wishbone

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2006, 10:22:58 PM »

Maybe they need to run banners on the order pages telling that you will have to buy more once they hook you.Unfortunately I also ordered the $49 deal before checking the forum. The info read that the interface would take the place of everything else. I tried for quite a while several days before realizing I didn't have everyting. The VA11A was not in my package. I called support and they wanted $50 for just the adaptor. I asked for a retun # and they said they would have to email it. Don't know why they couldn't just give me a # while I had them on the phone. Still haven't received the return # yet!

JimDandy

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2006, 11:18:31 AM »

I must say I am woundering what if anything X-10 is doing about the company Digitronix if this is what its doing . It should be carrying a return policy of some type. I am worried because I am waiting for an order from Digitronix that was sent to them on 5-18-06 and I still havnt gotten it . If this company can not backup it orders and X-10 will not do anything then I must rethink becoming a reseller and start looking for a company that would care how its name is being carried. I dont want to sound mean but I am researching adding X-10 into my stores on and offline so I must say somthing.

ZZ

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2006, 02:49:52 PM »

My orders were all received very promptly. Here is the email address for them. customercare@digitronex.com
Current Configuration:
* Windows XP Pro
* Iwitness Software
* Myhome Software
* USB VGA Adapter VA11A

JimDandy

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2006, 09:29:38 PM »

Today I got my order in but thank you for your help . I must say I dont understand somthing though. I was emailed my software and I dont mind that but after installing it and putting in the Registration Number it became registered to Digitronix and not me, whats that.I paid for it , lol . anyways I am now trying to get it to work. I finally got it installed but now the software says it cant find it so I am now going to work trying to find out why.

ZZ

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2006, 01:32:06 PM »

This is beyond absurd. I called X10 support and they said "it must be a problem with your PC". I got news for those morons, it doesn't work on another PC either! I wonder if X10 has ever been subject to a class action suit?
Current Configuration:
* Windows XP Pro
* Iwitness Software
* Myhome Software
* USB VGA Adapter VA11A

Plurple

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2006, 08:11:21 PM »

Seems there are a lot of people in the same boat.  I also ordered the active home package - after calling to find out what I needed to get my camera system to do what I wanted - and was given bad information.  Calling customer service is useless - you get the "well, pay more money and we will send you another part".  If they were honest and up front about all the things you needed so you could get them ordered all at once it would be so helpful!  And, with the website being such a nightmare to navigate, there is no way to figure out what your ordering has been shorted a part or two that they can gouge you for later.  It is extremely frustrating, and I am about ready to send it all back.

B0SC0

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2006, 01:28:17 PM »

Purchased $140 of x10 merchandise last week, and last night purchased
another 79.99 for AHP SUITE.

Reading this forum, I realized I would need the v11a.
Called x10 and said it was not included and it would cost me another $69.99.
Or I could order a diiferent kit and it would cost me $99.

Would not even offer an adjustment....

Notta,nyet,NO WAY!!!

Canceled last night's order and received RMA to return last week's order.

Too,bad, X10. You just lost another $220.00.

FIRST AND LAST TIME CUSTOMER.

SEE YA' IN THE FUNNY PAPERS

B0SC0

gdkramer

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2006, 01:25:42 AM »

I too have recently purchased and received the AHP with iWitness. I am also disappointed that I just found out that I need to purchase a Va11A USB adapter. I have a PCI video capture card in my system already. I was hoping to utilize it with AHP/iWitness.
Why does X10 bundle iWitness in a package deal if they do not allow you to use a different video capture device, or provide you with the Va11A that is needed? I will not trash my X10 system because of this, I have been a loyal customer for 20 years. My home is too automated to give up. I dumped the 2.4 Ghz cameras because of my WiFi network interference. But can not live without my X10 system.  I wish X10 would make a special deal for those of us that have the AHP/iWitness bundle.

computerpal

• ComputerPal
    • Computer Pal, Inc.
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2006, 12:01:21 AM »

I had the same concern.  I brought the 49.99 package ActiveHome. I was so upset that I needed to buy v11a.  The ad said you have everything to see your Cameras via your computer and the web.  I called twice and first I was told I need to pay 59.99 I said NO.  Called again they said 49.99.  I brought it,but I think the advertising was very misleading. Now the are giving away the signal extender with that package for free.  I see why now the signal is very weak. They at least could give me that with all the money I spent.  HELP!!!!

debbiea

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2006, 02:26:00 PM »

I wish I would have read this post before I bought the AHP bundle with the iWitness.  It said nothing about needing the VA11A USB adapter.  I called customer service and all I got was a "Sorry".  I am glad I found this out before I purchased any more of X-10's products.

MrRat

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2006, 08:26:56 AM »

I was also very disappointed with the "all-inclusive" package that didn't contain the necessary USB adapter.  I emailed support and they stated that if I would let them know of a comperable package that included the adapter I could pay the difference and get it.

WTF.  There isn't a package like that.  The package I bought was suppose to be everything I needed.  There no package with more than everything.

I've been using X10 for over 10 years and I'm ticked at how this was handled.

gdkramer

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2006, 12:11:48 AM »

I think that the fine folks at X10 should be reading this forum. They need to see that more people are getting upset by their "package deals". They should offer us that have purchased the AHP package a really low rate for the VA11A adapter. I am finding it on eBay for around $33 plus S&H, a far cry cheaper then what X10 is offering to sell it to us for. You know that their cost is low, so they can afford to make amends. They have records of who purchased the package, so they should be able to check and offer the VA11A at a real reasonable price.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.