Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: BYER BEWARE of iWitness bundled with ActiveHome Pro  (Read 84784 times)

tsummerl

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
BYER BEWARE of iWitness bundled with ActiveHome Pro
« on: April 12, 2006, 02:02:32 PM »

I ordered and received the AHP Package that contains the iWitness software package.  I thought it was a great deal. Was I wrong.

It does not include the VA11 usb interface nor does the add say anything about it as a requirement. Not even any Fine Print.

The software is useless without it and no other usb video interface will work!! Bait and switch!!!  I was told (very arrogantly) I could order this part for an additional 59.95.

Don't get duped like I did.

Beware!!!

I plan on returning it. Spread the word.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: BYER BEWARE of iWitness bundled with ActiveHome Pro
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 03:12:50 PM »

You can find the Va11A on Ebay very cheep.  Got mine for $7.00 ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 04:44:17 PM »

You should also be able to get our sales staff to help the correct the problem -- (800) 675-3044. Also, I've passed this information on to our marketing manager so he can check and make sure that the kits that need the VA11A have it.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 03:08:49 AM »

I had the same concerns and requested mine during the order process and she was nice enough to toss it in no charge!

Tc

ZZ

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 02:56:21 PM »

You should also be able to get our sales staff to help the correct the problem -- (800) 675-3044. Also, I've passed this information on to our marketing manager so he can check and make sure that the kits that need the VA11A have it.

I am in the same boat. I just talked to support and got denied for a free adapter. Here is the email I just sent support.

I bought my x10 gear from a third party reseller (Digitronix.) Here is what I bought:
Active Home Pro Interface CM15A
2 XX17A Color wireless cameras
Iwitness Software
Ninja Pan and Tilt accessory

Before I bought I researched your website carefully and the current information on the X10 website and the manuals says NOTHING about needing a USB Interface adapter to enable the cameras. I don't think that was intentional on X10's part. I only found out through the formums here. If it were my oversight I would cough up for the other addtional interface. I see that X10 provided them free for customers who bought from X10 but support just denied my request becuase I bought from a third party reseller. My point is that I am still an X10 customer and it was due to the lack of information on your website. Based on that I would like to ask for concideration on obtaining the VA11A adapter. Can you help me?

Thanks in advance for your response.

<Edit> After looking at pics of the VA11A interface it looks like it is an RCA to USB converter. That is not going do anything for my wireless cams is it?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 03:13:04 PM by ZZ »
Current Configuration:
* Windows XP Pro
* Active Home Pro Interface CM15A
* 2  Color wireless cameras XX17A
* Iwitness Software
* Myhome Software
* Ninja Pan and Tilt accessory VK74A
* 2 Eagle Eye Motion Sensors MX14A
* USB VGA Adapter VA11A
* Wireless Receiver VR36A

X10 Pro

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 03:48:08 PM »

The VA11A connects the output of the video receiver to the PC so you can view your cameras in software, so it will do something for your wireless cameras.

I understand the frustration in buying something and not having everything you need. I'll see what we can do, but since you didn't purchase the product from us I can't guarantee the outcome at this point.

Have you tried asking the people you bought the system from (in your e-mail you mention Digitronix) if they can make it up to you? As an X10 reseller they should be guiding you in picking a complete system. We try to make sure on the X10.com site that everything you need is included when you buy a kit.

ZZ

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 04:17:27 PM »

So do I need the VA11A to make the wireless cameras work with the AHP? I guess I am not clear on which component I need. I have email Digitronix and they merely offered to sell me one. Please let me know which component I need and if there is anything else you can do.

Much appreciated!

Scott (ZZ)
Current Configuration:
* Windows XP Pro
* Iwitness Software
* Myhome Software
* USB VGA Adapter VA11A

ZZ

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 12:51:26 PM »

Now I am finding I need a VR36A receiver and a VA11A USB adapter. Based on the unclear info on the X10 website I feel like I am being lead down the nickle-and-dime path!

I am very exited to get the X10 stuff but my exitement is being steifled by this confusion and frustration. From reading other posts I am not the only one. I hope that the folks at X10 take their customers comments to heart to make buying anfd using their products easier. Hey I am starting to hijack my own thread!

I just want to get the $250 bucks worth of gear I have to work along the $70 bucks I'm am going to have to spend because of crap I didn't know about.
Current Configuration:
* Windows XP Pro
* Iwitness Software
* Myhome Software
* USB VGA Adapter VA11A

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2006, 01:08:34 PM »

ZZ : You"ll need the VA11A plus a video reciever(VA36A or simular) inorder to work your cams with AHP plugin iwitness purhaps X10 can put a package together for you! ;) You might find a deal with a cam included for the price of the two separate!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10 Pro

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2006, 01:23:51 PM »

You definitely need a VR36A receiver to use your wireless cameras. Is it possible for you to return your order to Digitronix? We can't fix an order that doesn't come from us, but if you order with us you will always get all the parts you need.

ZZ

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2006, 09:59:15 PM »

I can't return my items but now that I know what I need to get it's upward and onward.

Thanks for the responses. ;D
Current Configuration:
* Windows XP Pro
* Iwitness Software
* Myhome Software
* USB VGA Adapter VA11A

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2006, 07:52:49 PM »

Thanks x10 now that's what I call good customer support!!

Tc

workingmom

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2006, 10:48:18 PM »

So it looks like I got the same "deal" with no VA11 adapter that make the rest of my PC multiview software and camera gear useless?  Great.  I just wasted 2 weeks trying to get it to work.  Support said I needed one and they would have to charge at least $49.99 USD (I'm in Canada).  Forget that!   If X10 doesn't provide it no charge I'm returning it all and getting my money back, since I'm still under the 30 day money back guarantee.  Then I'll reorder if the adapter is included.  Rather silly, you'd think they've realized this before now and would send an email to clarify their mistake! 

ZZ

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2006, 11:45:43 PM »

>:( I don't normally like to rant on forums but I am well justified at this point. Well, I ordered the other to things I was told I needed. I am out almost $400 bucks now. I followed the instructions and during the driver installation for the USB adapter it made my computer crash twice and corrupted my CD drive driver and a program that I use alot. I have spent 4 hours trying to correct the corruption. Needless to say my X10 stuff still doesn't work, the manuals refer to old software as do the help files. I was stupid enough to buy mine from an X10 reseller that has a no return policy so I am screwed! THANKS X10!!!!!
Current Configuration:
* Windows XP Pro
* Iwitness Software
* Myhome Software
* USB VGA Adapter VA11A

X10 Pro

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2006, 01:02:23 PM »

If you are using Windows XP, use the System Restore to get the system back to the state it was before you installed the drivers from X10. That will at least get you up and running.

What X10 driver installation gave you problems? When did you download it, and from what page on the X10 site?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.