Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can't trigger macro from a VT38A Floodcam  (Read 5838 times)

r_s_dixon

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Can't trigger macro from a VT38A Floodcam
« on: April 12, 2006, 02:15:09 PM »

The VT38A Floodcam will turn on in response to an A1 code being sent to it.  Also, the FloodCam properly transmits the code to the VCR Commander II to start recording. 

I am unable to determine if the VT38A is transmitting a code which I can use to trigger a macro to turn on a light.  I feel that this might be useful to act like someone is going to the window to check on the backyard.

Any ideas,  Thanks in advance, Scott

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
Re: Can't trigger macro from a VT38A Floodcam
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 02:50:48 PM »

Is HouseCode A selected to be transceived?

r_s_dixon

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 01:07:13 AM »

Yes, the house code is set to A1 and the VT38A responds to the A1 signal being sent to it.  But that still does explain what code the VT38A sends to the VCR Commander II or even if it is a X10 signal??

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 11:23:59 AM »

Yes, the house code is set to A1 and the VT38A responds to the A1 signal being sent to it.  But that still does explain what code the VT38A sends to the VCR Commander II or even if it is a X10 signal??

I think you misunderstood me.  In the ActiveHome Pro Software, is HouseCode A selected as being transcived?  See Having problems? Please read first! for more information.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 03:02:46 PM »

I believe that's the flood cams I have. If yours is set to A1, the motion sensor should be transmitting an "A1 ON" signal when triggered. After checking to make sure that house code is set to transceive in AHP, as roger1818 said, set up your macro as A1. Also note that the VCR Commander II manages cameras in blocks of 4 using X10 codes 1-4, 5-8, 9-12 or 13-16. It turns off the other 3 when one is turned on. eg. If your camera is set as A1, when it sends an "A1 ON" signal the VCR Commander sends "A2 OFF", "A3 OFF" and "A4 OFF".

I believe there is a bit of setup for this to happen but don't recall it being hard. It's been years since I set mine up and I'm a bit fuzzy on the details.

As a side note, many of us long term X10 users avoid the A house code as many battery sensors default to A1 when their batteries become low.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.