Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Macros and triggers.. SW, HW?  (Read 4930 times)

ridgerun

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Macros and triggers.. SW, HW?
« on: April 07, 2006, 08:15:47 AM »

My first time doing some simple macros (turn 2 lights on, turn 2 light off) work great from AHP, but not from any other controller. I run macros from interface (checked find other computers and the macro addresses are open too). Since I've tried several controllers too, I'm wondering if it's my CM15A. (also, lights work great addressed iindividually from controllers)

any ideas/suggestions?
Thanks
Mark

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
Re: Macros and triggers.. SW, HW?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 11:47:58 AM »

Is the house code you are using for the macro marked as being Tranceived?

ridgerun

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 06:52:49 PM »

yes its transceived. That's 1 thing I thought of too. I also experimented with monitored code, but it didn't matter if it was monitored or not.

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 07:10:22 PM »

What other controllers are you using to trigger the macro? What's the macro trigger address/command (example: "A1 On")? Do you see the command from the other controller show up in your Activity Monitor?

ridgerun

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 09:29:13 AM »

figured it out! Thanks for all the support.

I turns out I had 1 of the lights on a AHP timer too, when I deleted the timer, the macros worked great. Kind of strange a timer would defeat macros from working, but it did.

Again, thank you!

roger1818

• Roger H.
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2006, 10:03:22 AM »

I turns out I had 1 of the lights on a AHP timer too, when I deleted the timer, the macros worked great. Kind of strange a timer would defeat macros from working, but it did.

Strange.  That shouldn't cause your problem.  I have many lights which are controlled by both macros and timers.  Makes me wonder if it was a coincidence that the problem was fixed after you deleted the timer.  If you can live without the timer, the "if it works don't fix it" rule might be your best advice, but if you want the timer, I would do some more experimenting.

ridgerun

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2006, 09:52:33 PM »

That is interesting.I'll try experimenting with it and let you know. I really would like to have timer and macros work together.
Thanks!
Mark

ridgerun

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 09:59:12 AM »

I played with timers and macros and it all works now.

What I think happened, and I caught myself  when I was experimenting.  I have a mix of modules (I wanted to see how other types worked.. ie. Incandescent vs  Fluorescent, SmartHome vs X10 vs  X10pro, etc) and I must have configured the type of modules wrong in AHP. Today I went back to confirm,  found more mistakes and corrected them in AHP. The config may have played a role in why the macros and timers did work right. Interesting. I should invest in a X10 troubleshooting tool to see the types of commands it sends to the different configs. Chalk it up to Operator error ...  learning mistakes :-).

Everything is working now, timers, dimmers, marcos..etc. Again, thank you for your help!

Now if I could get the RF to a greater range,  my next thing to work on.

Mark

roger1818

• Roger H.
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2006, 06:52:08 PM »

Everything is working now, timers, dimmers, marcos..etc. Again, thank you for your help!

My pleasure.  Always glad to help

Now if I could get the RF to a greater range,  my next thing to work on.

Yes, the RF range of the CM15a isn't all that great.  Changing the angle of the antenna can help a bit.  Others have had success with various antenna modifications.  One thread with information about this is Simple Antenna Mod (That Works!).
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 10:22:01 AM by roger1818 »

ridgerun

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2006, 08:44:29 PM »

:-) and now the fun starts again!
Thanks
Mark

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.