Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 product compatability in Australia  (Read 3411 times)

Hulbert

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X10 product compatability in Australia
« on: April 23, 2006, 10:24:01 AM »

HI all,
I live in Australia. Our power system is 240 volt AC 50 Hz. Supply is an Active wire, a Neutral wire and the Earth wire. The Active has a potential of 240 volts A.C. to the neutral and the earth wires.

I'm interested in HA but I can't find any info on whether X10 products are suitable for the electrical arrangements in Aus. Can anyone advise.

Also having read some of the forum topics, do I understand it correctly that there are no X10 modules that will control (including dimming up and down) of 12volt 50watt halogen lamps fed thru electronic transformers.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: X10 product compatability in Australia
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 10:45:29 AM »

The 120 Volt units for the US and Canada will not work directly on 240 Volts. There are modifications on some web sites to change to 240 Volt systems. Also there are units sold in other countries that are 240 volt out of the box. The RF frequency used by Us/Canada remotes is different then overseas ones. I don't know if the 310MHz here is legal where you are. I believe they are in the 418 MHz range.  Relay type modules can control transformer run 12 volt lights and as you said will not dim. I believe Leviton or maybe X10Pro has a dimming module that works with some transformer loads. I don't know if they are made in a 240 volt version.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: X10 product compatability in Australia
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 12:36:02 PM »

Hulbert: Check this post out it may be of some help!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.