Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Set Up  (Read 13239 times)

jmilt7

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Set Up
« on: April 28, 2006, 12:15:50 PM »

DS7000 Powerhouse Supervised Security System

I am still trying to set this up. I am following the directions  "Installation Security Remote"  (pg. 7). There are two topics "Registering, etc.," and "Testing, etc.,". I think I have registered correctly. But I don't know about the test. I slide the switch to RUN1. The directions then say to press ARM AWAY and the console beeps once to confirm and the ARM indicator lights. Press DISARM. When I press ARM AWAY the console just keeps beeping. Not just once but many many times until I press DISARM. Is this normal and the directions were just not clear? If not, how do I fix this? Thanks

billy

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
Re: Set Up
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 12:57:45 PM »

Your doing OK.
The remote is installed, but now you have a zone not closed or ready. If a zone is not closed or ready when the system is armed the console will keep beeping.  The LEDs for the covered zones should be off, check that your door/window sensors are OK.

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."  Albert Camus

jmilt7

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 05:28:32 PM »

Thanks for your reply.

However, I don't have any zones set up yet. I don't have any door/window sensors or motion detector or anytthing else set up yet. I haven't even put the batteries in them yet. I thought I better get this taken care of first. I didn't want to proceed if I was doing something wrong or something.

X10Securitysystems

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
    • X10 Security Systems
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 08:50:26 PM »

Hey Jmilt7,

It sounds like you're hearing the countdown beeper, letting you know you have 40 seconds left to leave the house before the system is activated. That means your system is working. Try switching the MIN/MAX switch on the Remote to MIN, that will take away the delay. Remember the alarm will go on immediately then. If you want to leave it like this then arm it from outside with the keychain remote.

Hope that this is it. You might also check out www.x10securitysystems.com, we have some extended info on the setup there.

Best regards,

x10securitysystems team
X10 Security Systems Advisor
X10SecuritySystems.com

jmilt7

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 09:24:33 AM »

Yep, that was it. Set it to Min and it just beeped once. Thanks. And I will check out the reference you gave.

Sorry, it took a while to get back but I had just too many things to do this past weekend.

Thanks again.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.