Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: x10 Video Sender  (Read 51943 times)

emph50

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
x10 Video Sender
« on: April 27, 2006, 02:40:18 PM »

I'm looking to purchase the Video Sender and wanted to know if it's a good product. Any feedback would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks
emph50

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: x10 Video Sender
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 10:57:21 PM »

I've been using the video sender/ recievers for years they suffer the same problems as the cams. 2ghz cordless phones,microwaves,wireless routers large metal obects all disrupt the signal! :'( ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

turkeytom32708

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 06:45:40 PM »

i have been using recoton vid senders for 10 years now i just got a showtime from x-10 and it is about the same pic quility but the showtime software dosen't seem to start up for me but the sender for the vid screen works great.  it even sends the signal to the recotton reciever.

bobyjo

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 05:33:35 PM »

We have been using a simular product for about 10yrs.
The old unit was complete, transmitter, receiver and the unit has remote controle capabilities. Otherwise I can change channel or anything the remote is capable of from the bedroom. Just like the main TV is in the bedroom.
We decided to get a new one due to the old one has began to pickup a lot of static and completely goes crazy if anyone walks into the line of sight the units are using.
I corresponded with X10 estensively over eBay for a couple of months prior to ordering the Video Sender from them.
I received this Video Sender today, it receives the TV signals just fine. I have installed the IR control cable as per owners manual.
It does not work.   I called tech support and talked to a lady. Knows absolutely nothing about the operation of this equipment and finally told me that I will have to purchase a IR transmitter and receiver for an additional $30.
I am not asking for anyone to feel sorry for me, but I am retired and live on SS. I do not have any $ to spare.
I asked the person from thier site on eBay about this and was told if I purchased this set. It would work as expected out of the box.
No need to purchase anything elxe.
I am not sure of which way to go now, It is gonna cost me $ to return the product.
They seemingly do not have any product to replace it that the IR feature works. 
The lady in tech support states she is not sure that the IR port on this equipment has been activated so it is probably not going to work no matter what.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 05:58:41 PM »

According to the user manual (page 3) the ir (remote extender feature) only works with the RCA DBS II reciever or later versions. ::) Are you tring to connect it to something else? ???
You have to use the remote in (SAT mode) as well! ;)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 07:05:04 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bobyjo

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 11:09:07 AM »

We have a Hughes DirecTV Tivo as the satellite receiver.
It has a socket for a IR connection on the rear of the unit. 
The Video Sender also has an IR socket on the back of that unit. 
I have the appropriate cable plugged into these sockets.
The DirecTV will not respond to any signal from that remove going through the Video Sender. 
It will work if I enter the room that houses the DirecTV box.  So the Video Sender is not sending the signal to change channels etc.
The only owners manual we have is a single sheet of paper folded in 1/4ths.
The sender connections are all done as per the manual.
I have no info as to what you are referencing, do you have a different owners manual than we have?
This paper came with the unit.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 11:15:58 AM by bobyjo »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2006, 07:41:24 PM »

The only owners manual we have is a single sheet of paper folded in 1/4ths.
The sender connections are all done as per the manual.
I have no info as to what you are referencing, do you have a different owners manual than we have?
This paper came with the unit.

I checked the x10 Knowledge base in the video sender section Link Here
Click on the link there to the manual the info is on page 5 of that copy the manual is in pdf form.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 07:05:50 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Buckboard

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 02:43:18 PM »

For those of you considering the new X10 transmitter/receiver wireless products, here is my latest experience:

I recently bought an X10 A/V 5.8GHz Plus system with remote and second receiver and after some trial and error got it to work fine with my Direct TV feed from my second DTV receiver.  In addition to my big family room TV (the one with DTV's DVR), I have three additional TVs scattered throughout the house:   in the downstairs bedroom, dining room, and upstairs kitchen.
   I installed the X10 sender to my DTV second receiver in the downstairs bedroom and fed the DTV signal from this module to the downstairs dining room and upstairs kitchen.  I now enjoy the convenience of viewing my three additional TVs for both  DTV live programming and recordings in my play list  I then plugged the X10 remote extender cord into the sender unit as shown in the manual.  The picture and sound are excellent, with minor noise and interference, and the remote works perfectly from all locations.  (BTW, I have an AT&T U-Verse wireless network and a set of four 6.0 GHz digital phones installed and working in the background—not to mention a couple of microwaves.  Still, virtually no interference).
   My new X10 system is definitely better than the earlier 2.4GHz X10 modules I used earlier.  I did find some SNAFUs, though:  (1) I had no problems installing the downstairs bedroom or upstairs kitchen X10 receivers, since their TVs have RCA inputs.  My TV in the dowstairs dining room, however, had only a coaxial input.  I tried an RF converter (modulator), a GE 23298, and had a lot of interference and instability.  If the TV you're playing with has no RCA cable inputs, I DO NOT RECOMMEND USING AN RF CONVERTER WITH THIS X10 SETUP!!!!!  Rather, dig an old VCR from your closet, one with two I/O coaxials and three RCA A/V inputs.  Using this setup, I have excellent results,  with the advantage of saving to tape (ugh!) any program sent to this TV-VCR combo! (2) Read the X10 manual and follow directions TO THE LETTER.  When the manual says that there is ONLY one reliable way to connect the X10 receiver to an older TV with coaxial input, they mean it.  A VCR (NOT an RF converter) is their recommendation.  (3) Tiny adjustments to the X10 sender/receiver antennas make HUGE differences in the transmission and reception.  Experiment to find the optimum positions.
   All in all, the $100 paid for my new X10 5.8GHz wireless transmitter/receiver system will save me pots of money with my DTV service, since I will avoid rental costs for my extra TV feeds.  Remember:  Read the manual, follow directions explicitly, be patient, and experiment.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.