Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: 3 weeks with AHP/Macros  (Read 81780 times)

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
Re: 3 weeks with AHP/Macros
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2006, 04:27:29 PM »

You're inferring that it's intuitive to use different HC/UCs.

But if you're trying to control A1 - it's intuitive to use A1 - not something else.

It's like saying people automatically know that to make a motorcycle steer, you exert pressure on the handlebars counter to the direction you want to go.

Good analogy.  Most people who are learing how to ride a motorcycle know how to steer from riding a bicycle so it seems intuitive, but if you have never ridden a bicycle it might not be so obvious.

They tough part about teaching is forgetting what is obvious to you and thinking like a beginner.

billy

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
Re: 3 weeks with AHP/Macros
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2006, 09:35:20 AM »

stan,

The only thing I was pointing out was, the major cause of the drawn out resolution was the lack of information.
Not having the complete information on your installation (House Codes / Unit Codes). 

On the lighter side:
As far as being intuitive, I am a Jr.
A long time ago my mother would call out the name Bill looking for my father, and we would both answer her.
So to avoid the conflict and confussion, from then on I was "addressed" as Billy.   :)

Glad your system is up and working as it was designed to.

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."  Albert Camus
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.