Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Active Home Pro and Realize Voice?  (Read 4234 times)

specter333

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Active Home Pro and Realize Voice?
« on: May 03, 2006, 11:25:55 AM »

Has anyone tried using “Active Home” with “Realize Voice” recognition software?  I am experimenting with the two now but I don’t have an efficient way to make them communicate.

At this point I can control my bedroom light, the closet light and my fan with voice commands but it’s a very inefficient process.  The only way I can find is to record the keyboard strokes and mouse clicks.  The macro I have written goes as follows.

1. Play a “Star Trek” computer beep wave so I know it recognized the command.
2. Shortcut to open Active Home.
3. Pause while it opens.
4. Move the mouse cursor to the “Loading Plugins” screen, away from any other icons.
5. Click on the “Loading Plugins” screen to make it go away.
6. Pause while it goes away.
7. Move the mouse cursor to the appropriate switch icon.
8. Click on the switch icon.
9. Close the Active Home window.
10. Press enter to confirm closing the window.

As you can imagine this takes a while to accomplish and depends on the icons in active home to be in the same location every time it’s opened.   

The reason I use Realize Voice and not BXVC, which is incredible software, is I use voice commands for other task.  I can check all my email accounts in the morning without having to get out of bed, play games, open any other program on my computer without having to search for it, turn the volume up or down and to some extent navigate through windows and the web.  I even use it to screw with the dog, she can’t figure out who keeps calling her every time I say “The puppy is here”.

I’m sure there is a better way to interface the two programs, anyone have any ideas?

specter333

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Active Home Pro and Realize Voice?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 06:22:44 PM »

I finally figured out a much more efficient way to use “Realize Voice” to control my X10 products by reading the “Command line control” post by mrhoaf.  I just wasn’t looking in the right place for the info I needed and really didn’t know where to look anyway.     

Now I just shortcut to a command window and insert the text blocks needed.  What was taking five seconds is now done in a fraction of one.

Thank you Billy, for replying to the post and explaining the answer.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.