Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ActiveHome Pro and Security System  (Read 5096 times)

veld2345

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
ActiveHome Pro and Security System
« on: June 26, 2006, 09:41:59 AM »

What do I need to do to My ActiveHome system to turn it into a security system also?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: ActiveHome Pro and Security System
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 05:59:01 PM »

All you need is a DX 7000 Protector plus.

X10 is selling a complete security system,  check it out at http://www.x10.com/security/index.html

Active Home Pro shows it in the Security section of the various modules it supports.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 09:21:31 PM »

All you need is a DX 7000 Protector plus.

X10 is selling a complete security system,  check it out at http://www.x10.com/security/index.html

Active Home Pro shows it in the Security section of the various modules it supports.

How so would you please explain. Thanks

Tcj

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 12:07:01 PM »

If you go to the modules settings on the left side pull-down in AHP you will see a group of Security modules that AHP supports inclding the DX 7000 and other Security units, all of which AHP supports.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Robert_k

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 06:39:52 PM »

I am in the process of turning my AHP into a security system.

I purchased a RadioShack emergency dialer (49-1005).  I then opened it up and on the back of the circuit board is clearly labeled the contacts for arm and disarm.  I then soldered a 10 foot phone wire to the arm contacts (yellow and green wires), and then the red and black wires to the disarm contacts.  Then connected the yellow and green wires to an X10 universal module, then the red and black wires to another universal module.  I then set the house code and unit code to match my outside flood lights.  (this unit sets off an alarm internally and flashes lights on and off for 4 minutes, and dials the numbers that are programmed in it playing a pre-recorded message, and I can listen into what is happening in the house after I answer my cell phone)

I then set up a smart macro that when triggered sets Flag 16 to true after flashing the garage light 2 times, this indicates the alarm is armed. (I trigger this macro from a keychain remote button 1 on, button 1 off then clears this flag and activates the universal module to disarm the radioshack dialer and flashes the garage lights 1 long flash.)

Then I set up smart macros to all of my motion sensors so that if Flag 16 is set then turn on the universal module connected to the radio shack dialer, thus setting off the alarm and starting the dial process.

I then set 3 powerhorns to the same code as the dialer and my outside flood lights.  After the dialer starts flashing the outside lights 3 or 4 times the powerhorns start to scream and continue until the dialer stops flashing the lights.

This process is still in the experimental phase, but seems to work.

With motion sensiors all through the house any movement when the 'alarm' is armed will trigger the sirens and the autodial process.

phorce1

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 02:36:13 PM »

Very cool. You've given me some macro/flag ideas that I need. What I'll be wanting is for the MS16A sensors in the house to be active only when I'm not there. I want manual/X-10 remote control when I'm in the house and motion sensor control when I'm not.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.