Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Next Update to Active Home Pro?  (Read 34930 times)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Next Update to Active Home Pro?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2006, 09:09:38 PM »

Have a good trip, and hopefully you, Dave and X10 will be better versed in what Windows Vista will need for software developers.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

jonk

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2006, 09:14:53 PM »

Please also try to fix timers. I have been using AHP since the beginning and have not yet had a timer "ON" command fire reliably on any module when using dusk/dawn conditions. The "OFF" command for timers seems to work 99% of the time. I have read other posts referring to this same problem. Just do a search on "timers". Otherwise i really enjoy AHP and have resisted the temptation to try another controller......

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2006, 03:00:16 PM »

June 1 is tomorrow.

Could the next update (Version 3.204?) be in time for Flag Day? Fourth of July?

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2006, 07:53:49 PM »

Hello X10 Pro why is the security option grayed out when I check the dust or dawn option?  Is this also a bug and if so can you address this in the next update. Thanks

Tcj

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2006, 08:51:00 AM »

The Security option is only availble when you are setting up the timers. Once the timer is uploaded to the interface, the Security option is greyed out.

I have one light in my living room that uses the Security option. It's set up with a dusk to 1:00 AM timer with the Security option. The light turns on either 30 minutes brfore dusk or 30 minutes after dusk and it varies the offset. If I look at that lamp's timer setting,  the Security option is greyed out, with a check in the box.

tom j

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2006, 07:14:58 PM »

Say x10 Pro, why does the security option become grayed out when I choose either the dust or dawn option? and is this also a bug and if so will it be addressed in the next update. Thanks

Tcj
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 07:17:23 PM by tom j »

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2006, 09:21:32 PM »

I'm pretty sure that the interface doesn't process both Dusk/Dawn and security on a timer. The fact that you can check Security and then check Dusk or Dawn looks like an oversight on our part. I'll look into, but I'm pretty sure this is the case.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2006, 09:39:00 PM »

Certainly does.

In my Living Room is a lamp, Address B4, named Security Light. The module used is a Lamp Module. The timer is a dusk with a 45 minute before offset on with the Security option checked.  The light is turned on at dusk, with up to a 30 minute offset, the timer turns the lamp off at 12:45 AM with the same up to 30 minute Security offset. The option varies the offsets to make the lamp turn on a varied times within the timer.

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2006, 10:36:23 PM »

I'm pretty sure that the interface doesn't process both Dusk/Dawn and security on a timer. The fact that you can check Security and then check Dusk or Dawn looks like an oversight on our part. I'll look into, but I'm pretty sure this is the case.

Welcome back X10 Pro!

To me the oversight is preventing you from enabling security on a dusk/dawn timer.  To me it would be useful to be able to do so.  It would also be nice to be able to adjust the amount of variablility the in the security option instead of having a fixed +/- 30 min.

tom j

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2006, 09:26:32 PM »

The Security option is only availble when you are setting up the timers. Once the timer is uploaded to the interface, the Security option is greyed out.

I have one light in my living room that uses the Security option. It's set up with a dusk to 1:00 AM timer with the Security option. The light turns on either 30 minutes before dusk or 30 minutes after dusk and it varies the offset. If I look at that lamp's timer setting,  the Security option is greyed out, with a check in the box.

Hi what I'm saying is that I can't set up a timer with the security option if I use the dust/dawn option. If I'm setting up a timer as soon as I click for example dust the security option becomes grayed out. At least in the version I'm using. Another thing I've noticed is that some of my timer are executing late by up to 5 minutes. For example my 9 o'clock timer didn't execute until around 9:05    Thanks

Tcj

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2006, 10:49:23 AM »

I have one light in my living room that uses the Security option. It's set up with a dusk to 1:00 AM timer with the Security option. The light turns on either 30 minutes before dusk or 30 minutes after dusk and it varies the offset. If I look at that lamp's timer setting,  the Security option is greyed out, with a check in the box.

Hi what I'm saying is that I can't set up a timer with the security option if I use the dust/dawn option. If I'm setting up a timer as soon as I click for example dust the security option becomes grayed out. At least in the version I'm using. Another thing I've noticed is that some of my timer are executing late by up to 5 minutes. For example my 9 o'clock timer didn't execute until around 9:05    Thanks

Tcj

The Security Option has be established when the timer is created. Once created, the option is greyed out. I just checked a module that has no timers, began to create a new timer, went to the Advance setting and the Security checkbox was not greyed out.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 11:34:53 AM »

Back on the subject:

Next update release date?  June 15, 30, Independence Day?

Just wondering.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2006, 09:23:32 PM »

Now, from the Department of Absolutely Weird:

Today at 7:35 AM, a timer turned lights at A1, A2, A3, & F1 ON. As usual AHP refused to correctly show the status of A1 & A3 correctly, showing the status as BLUE.

I cleared the interface and opened the Summer file, which does not turn certain lights on at 6:30 AM and Off at 7:30 AM weekdays.

At 10 minutes before dusk, a timer turns on A1 , A2, A3, F1, and a host of modules on housecode B. Usually, AHP does not report the status of A1 or A3 correctly, but tonight, for some oddball reason, AHP reported the status of A1 and A3 as GREEN.

Only thing I can figure out is somehow, X10 Network Services passed the information to AHP, which correctly received it.  File change? SunSpots? Extra-Planet influence?

Your guess is as good as mine.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 10:38:35 PM by Dan Lawrence »

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2006, 08:41:01 PM »

Update today (6/10/2006).

Normal.  When the dusk timers ran, the status of  A1 & A3 were shown in BLUE as always. The status of everything else, lamp modules on housecodes B & F are shown in GREEN, the proper color for ON @ 100% and any lamp in a dim state.

tom j

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2006, 12:06:21 AM »

Something I've noticed. I'm running 3.203 and I'm noticing that the Activity Monitor is showing "MACRO" for timer events. It's showing RF events correctly and any event done on the command line with ahcmd.exe.

Is this correct, or something else that needs fixing. The only macro i have is a keypress macro that is manually triggered.

I also noticed this and was wondering what was going on is this yet another dreaded BUG  ???

Tcj
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.