Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How do you use holidays in smart macros?  (Read 4294 times)

orca

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
How do you use holidays in smart macros?
« on: May 03, 2006, 08:23:17 PM »

There are 22 holidays in the Jewish Religion in the diaspora (not in Israel).

I would like to use a label that reads "Chag" for holiday and then test the holiday for that variable.

I have tried to use "Tomorrow" in an IF statement only it seems there is no "tomorrow" as in:

IF TOMORROW = "Chag"
     THEN  set a flag

I've also tried:
IF HOLIDAY = "Chag"
     THEN  set a flag

since the holy days all start the night before then interogate the flag to set up the lighting the same as a regular Shabbat that would start on Friday evening.

I hope this makes sense as I'm new to this program and it's not quite the same as the "old" basic programming from 30 years ago.

Bill Cook

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: How do you use holidays in smart macros?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 08:57:12 PM »

...it's not quite the same as the "old" basic programming from 30 years ago....
You can say that again.

Unfortunately the holiday settings only seem to be only for a single date range. eg. Chanukah is 12/19-12/26 on my system. Was that for 2005? You can edit the ranges under preferences. eg. I have Christmas begin late Nov and go through the 1st week in Jan for my lighting.

I wanted to have a holiday called "School Holidays" with all of the days off included.

Also with respect to X10 the day always begins at 12:00:01 am. So for any holiday that begins in the evening, you will need to use 2 dates. eg New Years Eve is 12/31 - 1/1

X10: Are the non constant dates such as Easter and many of the Jewish holidays updated and downloaded to the CM15A like DST dates?

BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.