Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: cameras aren't recording  (Read 14294 times)

BudWah

• Helpful Post Rating: -1
cameras aren't recording
« on: May 04, 2006, 03:01:46 PM »

I am trying to get some communication going so that I can get my system working correctly... I am using AHP. I have somewhat control

on my cameras as they can be viewed live, no problem. I can pan my 'Ninjas" and turn the lights on, and off, on my 'dual floods'.

I just can't seem to get them to record properly. I changed the batteries in my 'motion sensors' yesterday with no change ...

Not Recording Properly!!! I am on a pc running XP - all 4 plugin's ...

Baby Steps ...  The appliances, lights, and the rest of AHP is useless... untill I get my cameras to record!!!   

PS; I haven't found my problem on 'Search' yet... My level of knowlledge is just enough to get myself into trouble... BUDWAH
Learn To Live / Live To Learn

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: cameras aren't recording
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 03:08:00 PM »

First off, if you use the manual "Record" button in the video window, does it work? You can check for the files (rather than using the Media Viewer) in C:\My Images\Video\ in sub-folders. If no files are being created, what settings do you have in Preferences for General Video and Video Recording.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 04:20:39 PM »

BudWah as X10pro stated check your preferences and the folders specified you can change them to something else if you wish. Also try another Codec in video settings.
Can you take snap shots or Autostills? or is it not recording anything at all? ???
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

BudWah

• Helpful Post Rating: -1
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 04:24:24 AM »

Thanks for the replies guy's * * * Well in my preferences it's set at 640X460?? The rest of the options looked correctly checked or un-checked.  "Autostill", which Ialways try to use, but it goes off by itself all the time.   Today for some unknown reason I have a few shots of my dog in the front yard. (I should have 100's of my dogs setting things off in my front and back yards). For some unknown reason (to me) 1 of the cameras recorded a few times. My codec in preferences looked correct although I can't remember what it was at.  What is a codec??!! Recording ... I guess their not recording although, I can view them live. I think they can do anything except record.I have been and will continue to try and figure out why all of a sudden I have a few recordings from today and none prior. If you guy's could get back and can think of anything I wrote that makes sence to you or what my problem could be. until then I'm heading back to the manuals. Thanks for the concern...   Budwah

NEXT DAY: NO recordings today. Yeaterday I accidently clicked on both 'Start Autostill Recording' and 'Start Video' It then opened up both (bottom of the rooms page) the autostill 'camera' and the 'rectangular' video icons. They both were lit up as showing they were both active??? Thats not right is it?? But I did get those few recordings today I only clicked on 'Autostills'.

You still with me?????????   Budwah
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 02:02:48 AM by BudWah »
Learn To Live / Live To Learn

handiangler

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 12:08:18 AM »

After I click the record button, it starts the Video ... saving the file to the HD, the button is high-lighted. When I click on record again, I receive an error message and Vanguard aborts.
Any ideas/

thank u

doug

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.