Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Daytime/Nighttime and Time Range Conditionals - HELP!  (Read 30007 times)

Prime

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Daytime/Nighttime and Time Range Conditionals - HELP!
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 04:54:54 PM »

I don't mind at all  :)

I have six cameras that I have set up this way but since this whole thread is based on the front yard cam, I will list the macros for the front yard.

I have two macros, one is for the lights, and one is for the camera.  Here they are:

Front Yard Video Macro:

Trigger M4 On
Turn Front Yard Cam On
Start Recording Video
Turn Virtual Trigger On
Wait 30 Seconds
Turn Virtual Trigger Off
Stop Recording Video
Turn Front Yard Cam off

Front Yard Lights Control:

P7 On and it's Nighttime
Turn Front Spot Lights On
Turn Front Tripple Lights On
Wait 30 Seconds
Turn Front Tripple Lights Off
Turn Front Spot Lights Off

And as Roger suggested, I created a virtual device (just a regular appliance module) and set its address to P7.  When the camera comes on (which is ALWAYS upon recieving M4 On), it throws the switch for P7.  This then activates the Lights Control macro above, which has the Nighttime conditional in it.  So the lights don't come on during the day, but do come on at night.  :D :D

There you have it.  Thanks everyone for your responses.  Special Thank You to Roger for his clever idea.   ;D  I should have thought of that, but oh well  :-[

Bill H

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2006, 11:21:51 AM »

FYI, possible update/info on this--

Just now needed a similar system: turn on camera, but only turn on the light when it is dusk (or at specific timer settings). I found that a conditional macro is skipped when a camera is used in it, whether or not the condition is in the main or ELSE part of the macro. (The macro runs fine when clicked manually on screen, but this ignores the condition.)

I use similar conditonal macros with just lights and appliances, and they all work fine (explains why the virtual switch works).

I'm using the latest version 3.204, so I can only assume this is an ongoing problem.

bronco

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2006, 05:40:55 PM »

What are the two entries required for "Nighttime"???
I can only drag it once and I get no other options.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2006, 06:23:37 PM »

What are the two entries required for "Nighttime"???
I can only drag it once and I get no other options.
Actually this is bad wording!
Any thing that states "Requires Two Entries" should state "COUNTS AS TWO ENTRIES!"
Meaning:Using this is the same as using two entries thus limiting the number of conditions you can have in a macro!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

DeltaNu1142

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2006, 05:48:36 PM »

That is really strange.  It should work for you.  One thing you can try is to go back to having separate macros for the camera and lights but have them on separate addresses and have the camera macro turn on a virtual appliance module at the same address as the light macro (and thus trigger the macro).  The light macro could then be conditional on it being nighttime.  You shouldn't have to do it this way, but if we can get it to work that is the main thing.

I had the same problem, and this worked for me as well...  I created another room & called it "Virtual Room."  I'm putting my virtual appliance modules in there for such applications.  I think I'll put a virtual 60" TV and virtual wetbar in there too.  ;D
CM15A with modded antenna - AHP & Smart Macros - IR543 - RR501s - cameras, switches, and sensors oh my!

bronco

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2007, 09:27:15 PM »

I use the virtual module also, butI assume that NightTime is from Dusk to Dawn setting in the Hdw configuration.
At 3am the light comes on ok but at 5:38am or 6:03am  the light does not come on.
My dawn is at 7:08am.
Anybody else having this problem.

Also, my testing shows that the nighttime test only works if the macro is saved in the CM-15,  Does not work if saved on the PC.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.