Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: macro setup???  (Read 9041 times)

BudWah

• Helpful Post Rating: -1
macro setup???
« on: May 14, 2006, 04:05:01 AM »

Hey Now * * *  I am having a time setting up my macro's and I think when I do everything will work properly. I have AHPro on win.XP all 4 plugins. keeping it really simple I need advice on a typical setup Camera- dual flood and xcam/color (not instant)with Active Home sensor. In the correct room with all dropdwn menues on same room. Draging and Dropping... Select camera, Auto Still Record On/Off, All units off module.
I have tried so many scenarios, read so many topics on this forum I can't seem to get it right.

Somebody ... Anybody could you write down a typical simple macro to...
turn a camera on to record auto stills at anytime day/night
and turn Off until next triggering occurs.
No timers & I'm not that sure what flags are for. Just as basic as this stuff gets ... I must just be an idiot or I know just enough to get myself into alot of trouble or in this case OVERKILL/OVERTHINKING.

Thanks for the concern and the reply... Budwah
Learn To Live / Live To Learn

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: macro setup???
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 04:32:55 PM »

Alot of people have had problems with the flood cams (lights staying on or not comming on)
Do A search and See if you can find the posts. I don't know them off hand.
here is a simple auto scan macro
Trigger A7
Turn video reciever on B2
Select camera
Start automatic still record (every 5 seconds)
Wait 10 min
Stop automatic still record

I don't have turn off video reciever in this example but if you wish for that you add it at the end. I have my video reciever pluged into a appliance module A7.
If you don't have your video reciever plugged int an X10module then delete the" turn video reciever on" step
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 04:37:33 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

BudWah

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 12:47:27 AM »

HEY NOW * * *        thanks so much for the reply... you have no Idea how much this will do for me
 I need time now to swallow, and put all this into action.

First thing I see is Video Reciever B2 I have no Idea what that is right now!

I put everything in as is, except the minutes I used 1 minute(As I get so many images with my old settings)

Does this setting have to deal with the sensors time out? (thats why I used 1 minute as I did with sensors)

Stay with me ... I'll get back in a day or so

Thanks again for the concern and reply...   Budwah
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 01:06:23 AM by BudWah »

BudWah

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 08:51:36 PM »

still with me Tuicemen * * * I have everything installed as directed, although two problems that are still with me, and the reasons for my troubles before...

#1) One of my cameras seems to never stop recording. Every 5 seconds it takes a pic. The 'click' sound drives me nuts.
It seems as though one of the camera's dominant over the rest.
So, if I delete the camera that 'IS' dominant, the next one will continue with the 5 second clicks...

I use 4 camera's...  2 'Dual Flood's'... 1 B&W 'Nightwatch' w/ 'Eagle eye' sensor... 1 XCamII(not instant) w/ 'Active Eye' sensor

Might have something to do with problem #2...

#2) I keep crashing and getting the 'blue' screen. Although it varies how long before it does crash.

I have AHP #1.0.0 + the upddate for it.

Message from the blue screen links mentioned hardware first then mentioned it might be software.
 I have re-installed the drivers, uupdated from a link microsoft had for me.

Everything else seems to be great... I just have 100's more stills than I should have.
It also makes it hard for the other cameras to get their signal... when one camera is always busy...

Should I put in an 'all units off', at the end of the dominant camera's macro ??? 
Maybe then it will get the idea to turn off 'somethime'!!!

I have read other topics from 'search', BUT, no one seems to have the same thing going on as I do.
I still am of intermediate knowledge level ... so it's hard for me to get my answer from something close but not exactly the same as me.

Thanks for being there tuicemen ... It's coming together...   Budwah

PS TUES: In 'My Images' the camera thats 'Dominant', has below it, another camera's ID(name). Everything looks correctly installed though.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 12:53:00 AM by BudWah »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 09:41:32 AM »

It is ashame that some early post from the old board were lost Because I remember others having your problem with dominant  cams.
I have a simular problem But the cam I have problems with is a wired cam which is pluged into a video sender. so I can help in this area somewhat.
Cams are set in groups of 4, 1-4, 5-8 and so on when you switch from cam 1 to 4 cam on is suppose to turn off but realy it is in standby this is evedent by how fast the pic shows when you switch from one cam to the next. If you put your problem cam in the next group  then it should solve the problem as the other group is switched off. If you still have it dominating which happened to me (but then my setup is a little different) you may have to add an extra off to your dominat cam when switching but don't add an all units of as it will turn everything off.

Another problem could be your Dual Flood cams, use the search  and see what info you can find on these. I remember reading users having problems with lights staying on and not switching but I think they got the issue resolved. 

Problem #2
You should be at version 3.203 of AHP
problem may be the flood of pics into your system hopefully solving that will solve this problem! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

BudWah

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 12:44:10 AM »

Thanks Tuicemen * * * I'll switch the cameras that are a problem. I have 4 cameras all together so I guess I could put one in each group if needed...

I'll go back to the 'search' for the 'Dual Cam's'.

Excuse my ignorance... how do I go about getting 3.203 ...

Then do I un-install my other version ???

What about the 'plugins' are they the same???

THis may be my problem ... kind of looking forward to getting 3.203...

Thanks for stickin' ... Budwah

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 08:24:20 AM »

What version of AHP are you using?

If you are ruuning any version except the latest. AHP will bug you to upgrade.

Click "Check for Upgrade" under Help to check.

The upgrade will download, close your current AHP, upgrade it and re-open it.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 09:17:23 AM »

As Dan stated AHP should bug you to Update if you don't have the latest build. If it isn't then there is a problem . You can get the latest update here: 3.203
You don't have to uninstall but do back up you ahx files found in the AHP Folder many including myself have had them get corrupted at updates.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

BudWah

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 02:30:14 AM »

Hey Now Tuicemem * * * I got the download for the update installed, although I'm not sure where it's filed!? I have my other downloads in a seperate file ... where are they supposed to be filed???

I have alot of things to get into and try... with the 'searching' I need to read, and the trials I have to go through with my 'Dual Cam's', should keep me busy for some day's just waiting and watching the outcomes... ssssssssoooooo

I thank you for your concern and your help...  it has put me and X10 back in 'Good Graces'. I'll start with 'search' then see you next time in whatever section I may be having troubles with...

Thanks again... Budwah

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 09:21:11 AM »

Where the update gets parked depends on how XP is configured.

Best suggestion: Do a search for "ahp_update_203.exe"  Note the location Search returns.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 09:34:13 AM »

Glad to help! Follow Dans advice and you'll find you downloaded update I think windows puts them by default into your documents folder But it's been years since I used the defauts! ;) :)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.