Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Do they make?  (Read 6503 times)

brett1740

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Do they make?
« on: May 18, 2006, 10:15:18 AM »

Is there an x10 decora wall switch that activates a load and also sends an x10 signal to activate another fixture??????? i.e. switching on the ceiling light from the wall switch will also switch on the end table lights that have the socket rockets.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Do they make?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 12:31:35 PM »

There are switches made by "smarthome" which sends out it's own house code / unit code, followed by an "ON" command, to indicate to a home automation system system that the switch has been turned ON locally. You can then use a controller like X10's CM15A with AHP to turn on any number of other devices.

X10 Inc makes lamp and appliance modules which will do this,  but they do not have a wall switch which will send a status indication.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

brett1740

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 01:26:36 PM »

thanks Dave for the repliy

i will check into the Smarthome switches

as for the AHP and cm15a....... i have.......so do i have to set up in AHP to tell the socket rockets to turn on when the ceiling light is turned on? if so how is that done? through macros? or flags? sorry but i'm really new to AHP

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 04:33:02 PM »

Socket Rockets are programmed differently than many X10 modules. They have no House or Unit Code Dials. To program them you put it in a lamp with a local switch. When you turn the power on to it. You have to send 3 times the House Unit Code Address ON within 30 seconds.
Like turn on lamp
Send B2 ON three times to program it to B2. After programming it can be moved to where you want it. Normally you don't use another power switch to turn the fixture where it is installed on and off.
Any module on the same Address B2 in my example will also turn on the socket rocket if it is also on B2.
Modules can be on the same address. I have 7 on an A1 Scene with individual X10 Primary Addresses. I can send the individual address like A13 to light one light or A1 to light all 7 at the sametime.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.