Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Having probs with cameras w/ Active Home Pro - online.  (Read 8336 times)

dkrahn

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Having probs with cameras w/ Active Home Pro - online.
« on: May 17, 2006, 07:16:26 PM »

I just installed my Active Home Pro with Iwitness. I have been able to get it all setup fine and can view Active Home Pro online from other locations. My problems are as follows… On the remote system, I can only get a refresh rate of about 1 updated frame per 4-5 seconds??? (it is fine at 30 fps at the actual computer that they are connected to). Is this software not capable of live (real) video at a decent 20-30 FPS over the web? I did not expect to only have an updated image every few seconds. Secondly, my cameras seem to have a problem with each other. I have three cams setup in a small office (700 square feet) all have a good line of sight to the video receiver but only one signal prevails. By that I mean, although I have all three cams setup, I only receive the images from one of the cameras in all three windows. If I unplug the ‘dominating’ cam, I can get images from the other one – but again only it’s images come through the remaining two windows? If I position the receiver in just the exact position, I can get two cameras’ signals through? This is not good at all. We are talking about the cams being 10-20 feet from the receiver and it cannot pick them up? I have tried to change to different house letters and assigning the cams to different numbers etc… same problem. The office is a block walled office, but why would this effect the signal if all cams are inside with the receiver? I had x10 cams setup at the same office before about 4 years ago and they worked fine. These cams were set outside (with one inside) and I could pickup all three signals with no problem. Should I switch to wired cams for the inside? Any help anyone can offer me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Having probs with cameras w/ Active Home Pro - online.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 08:25:25 PM »

Only one camera cam be running at the same time or they interfere with each other. The addressable power units work in groups of 1-4;5-8;9-12 and 13-16 all on the same House Code. I have not used the IWhitness Plug In enough to say if it can do more than one group of addresses at a time.
Another point. Do you have a wireless network? They typically share the same 2.4Ghz frequencies with the cameras. Same for 2.4 Ghz cordless phone. Any of those in the mix?

dkrahn

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Having probs with cameras w/ Active Home Pro - online.
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 07:37:02 PM »

Now I understand that I can only view one active camera at a time; but what about the refresh rate – why can I not view images any faster than about one frame every few seconds? Is this system incapable of sending real-live video? Hell, I can view live traffic cams on the freeway through call trans but a system that I purchased I can only get one frame per 5-6 seconds? Or is there a setting that I can tweak to make it more of a streaming video experience? About the ‘groups’, should I address the cameras all within the same group (1,2,3,4) or only one camera per group (1,5,9,13)?

I do have a wireless router but it is not used for wireless signals – we actually only use it as a standard wired router – is this still pumping out information at the 2.4 gig frequency that can still interfere w/ cameras? I will check to see if there is a setting on the router to turn off the wireless option. Also, I do have a 2.4 gig wireless phone system. Are these systems going to interfere with the performance of the cams? Will it be better if I use only one cam inside and place the other three outside? Or, will it still be the same thing since the signals ultimately have to come back to the receiver  (inside)anyway?

What are my fixes here???

Thanks.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.