Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is Live Chat Necessary????  (Read 26060 times)

cw

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Is Live Chat Necessary????
« on: May 21, 2006, 07:58:22 AM »

I have some constructive criticism for you. Please get rid of that live chat window. It is making your site seem hoky and childish. People who shop online can read product descriptions without having to chat with someone.
I am an affiliate of yours, but if I were a shopper, the chat widow and your other popups would send me shopping elsewhere. Please make the pages load faster and look simpler as soon as possible so we can all make more money.
Thanks!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: Is Live Chat Necessary????
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 08:15:05 AM »

I don't have a problem with a "live chat" option. What I do dislike is the pop up. I shouldn't have to close that window everytime I go to the site. Put a link at the top of the page for the live chat option if you want but get rid of the pop up. Try putting a counter with the link if you like and compare it with the number of links from the pop up. You could think of it as an intelligent test if you want. I have to believe, perhaps optimistically, that those need a "live chat" could find a well placed link.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 09:58:36 AM »

I also think it is unnecessary and annoying. As mentioned a link at the top of the page and not the annoying pop up everytime I use the sales pages would be nice. Make more friends also.

billy

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 08:17:47 PM »

ditto..............
"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."  Albert Camus

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 07:10:07 AM »

In addition to posting your dislike for pop ups in this forum you should also voice your discontent by leaving a short message at the bottom of the sites page where they are seeking comments. Maybe if they get enough negative feedback things will change.  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ >:( >:( >:(
_ _ ...  ..._ _

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.