Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PR511 floodlight, phase couplers and headaches  (Read 9074 times)

Rewdi

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
PR511 floodlight, phase couplers and headaches
« on: May 23, 2006, 11:52:03 AM »

I have recently installed 2 pr511 floodlights and they work great on features that can be set on the sensor module.  However I cannot make AHP turn the floodlights on as part of a macro- nor can I have the floods trigger a macro.

I have tried the phase coupler test (including turning on our Dryer, A/C and 220v Oven @ the same time) w/o any results.  Currently the lights are set to dusk motion trip for 30 seconds. 

AHP recognizes the pr511 (I can create a switch for it) and tested the macros on the pc (everything else works).  This is becoming a bit of a headache for me.

Please Help,
Rewdi

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: PR511 floodlight, phase couplers and headaches
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 12:08:48 PM »

Many others have experianced problems with the  PR511 floodlight from not turning on to not turning off I believe ther was a post which explained a work around for some of the problems Try doing a search and see what pops up.
As for the Phase coupler test. This test doesn't always work if turning the dry or oven on does make things work then you Know for sure thats the problem. Just about every home automation setup will benifit from a phase coupler if you don't need one now chances are you will as you expand your system.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Rewdi

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 12:33:19 PM »

Many others have experianced problems with the  PR511 floodlight from not turning on to not turning off I believe ther was a post which explained a work around for some of the problems Try doing a search and see what pops up.
As for the Phase coupler test. This test doesn't always work if turning the dry or oven on does make things work then you Know for sure thats the problem. Just about every home automation setup will benifit from a phase coupler if you don't need one now chances are you will as you expand your system.

I have searched,the problem w/ not turning off/ on is a local problem w/ light itself (needs reseting) however I have been able to fix those problems.  My question was with AHP/ pr511 interaction, are there any other reasons they may not be talking?  we have 9 switches, 2 powerhorns, and a lamp module throughout the house w/o any problem. 
Any other input would be greatly appreciated.

Rewdi

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 01:20:24 PM »

Ok could be noise,distance or phase issues
For the noise find out what else is on that circit radio/tv/micro wave
I've read where you can use a portable fm radio tuned to a blank station moving it close to different out lets where it picks up increased static you have a noise problem ( I've never actually tried this!) you can also just unplug the devices which are on the same circit  just turning off wont work. Once you find the problem device a filter can be purchased to eliminate the noise.  Distance problems are mostly RF problem but in a large home long runs of wire can cause a problem as well especially if both the CM15a and the problem Module are at ends of different  runs. Amplifiers can be purchased if this is the case.
Phase issues is the number one problem most users experience and you've already tried the test without any confirmation but if it is of any help that test didn't help me either. so here is another move your CM15A to the same circit as the floods and see if that helps it won't tell you for sure if it is a phase issue as it may be distance but if it still wont work chances are it is noise as it should work on the same circit. ;) :)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.