Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Siren with Radioshack Plug n Power  (Read 29610 times)

uptownvideo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Siren with Radioshack Plug n Power
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2006, 07:23:39 AM »

Do you think that this Universal Alarm Interface would work for me?  It looks like it may convert It does not have a users manual to read.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?parentPage=search&cp=&productId=2104481&origkw=x-10&kw=x-10&tab=summary

billy

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2006, 07:51:30 AM »

I believe that unit is the same as the X10 POWERFLASH Burglar Alarm Interface (PF284).
http://www.x10.com/products/x10_pf284.htm
I don't think it would help much, it functions like your alarm system does now, but it needs a contact closure or voltage to trigger it. It is meant to be an X10 interface add on for a wired alarm system

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."  Albert Camus

uptownvideo

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2006, 08:14:47 AM »

Thank you.  Do you know of any siren that I can plug in to an apliance or lamp module that could be tripped when the alarm goes off?

jim55

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2006, 12:47:41 AM »

:) The heck with all that. the problem I found with the system is that both of the x 10 channels switched are switched on and off for four min and thenare set to HIGH or ON. and so any alarm horn will sound till you get home not a good idea. on my unit  I am tapping a small resistor, part of the horn circuit to operate a DPDT relay, via a transistor switch. thats how I power an external horn.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.