Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Time Zone setting in CM15A  (Read 12714 times)

TommyHo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Time Zone setting in CM15A
« on: May 31, 2006, 08:52:15 PM »

I am running AHP 3.203 and live on Long Island.

I noticed today that the time zone displayed in Hardware Configuration shows "Eastern Standard Time - GMT-04:00"

The clock on my computer shows "GMT-5:00 Eastern Time (US and Canada)"

Is this a bug in the way the time zone is displayed, or is my interface actually set to the wrong zone?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Time Zone setting in CM15A
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 08:45:23 AM »

You either set the interface to the wrong time zone (the interface thinks it's in New Brunswick, not Long Island.) Make sure Windows is in the Eastern zone and Daylight Savings is enabled, then check the Hardware Configuration.

My Hardware Configuation shows the exact same thing your's does (I'm in Baltimore) and my timers are running when they are supposed to. AHP takes it's time from Windows, so right now, it's 8:43 AM, the Windows Clock says that, so does the Interface.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

TommyHo

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 08:16:57 PM »

My Windows clock is set for the correct time zone, date and time; GMT-5

I have tried unplugging, removing batteries, replugging, replacing batteries, updating the hardware interface from AHP and downloading timers and macros.

Any other ideas?  Or, do I have a bad CM15A??

X10 PRO????

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 09:18:35 PM »

If you set a timer does it turn on at the right time? If so, then everything's fine. If not, there's some other problem. It's very unlikely that the interface itself is bad, but it could be a situation we didn't account for with respect to PC time setting and AHP time checking.

TommyHo

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 09:37:07 AM »

Timers do work at the correct time.  Maybe the software does not corrrectly display the time zone?
Am I the only one seeing this behavior?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 09:48:10 AM »

Windows changes the system clock from GMT-4 to GMT-5 when Daylight Savings Time starts, and back to GMT-4 when DST ends. AHP keeps GMT-4 the entire year, but changes the on-off times for timers for DST without the user having to do anything.

If you look at Sunrise/Sunset times in Hardware Configuration, You will see when DST starts and Ends as the times jump an hour forward and back as DST starts and ends.

If you have a timer that turns on a light at 7:30 AM, that light will turn on at 7:30 AM in December or in July.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Mike C

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 06:47:30 PM »

Yes I have also noticed this but since my timers go on and off at the correct times I have chosen to ignor it.  Tommy did you add the capacitors as I suggested some months ago and if so has your unit been stable since?

TommyHo

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 09:04:11 PM »

MikeC,

Yes, I added the capacitors and that cured all the other problems I was having, even the USB problems.

However, about 2 weeks ago, timers started going off at random times - not even close to where they should be. 
Example - I have a timer that shuts the whole houlse down, runs at 1:30 AM, it went off last night at 8:45.  I noticed that
the clock setting in the CM15A looked different than the computer settings so I posted this thread.

I believe I have a defective CM15A, because: 1) the timers go off at unpredictable times, 2) the unit refuses to transceive
house codes D and F, and 3) avery 2 or 3 days it stops responding completely and has to be reprogrammed.

But, for a glorious few months, the capacitor fix made life beautiful!!

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 12:22:30 AM »

MikeC,

Yes, I added the capacitors and that cured all the other problems I was having, even the USB problems.

However, about 2 weeks ago, timers started going off at random times - not even close to where they should be. 
Example - I have a timer that shuts the whole houlse down, runs at 1:30 AM, it went off last night at 8:45.  I noticed that
the clock setting in the CM15A looked different than the computer settings so I posted this thread.

I believe I have a defective CM15A, because: 1) the timers go off at unpredictable times, 2) the unit refuses to transceive
house codes D and F, and 3) avery 2 or 3 days it stops responding completely and has to be reprogrammed.

But, for a glorious few months, the capacitor fix made life beautiful!!

I'm thinking I might have a defect unit also all my timers are off by three to five minutes. I requested and RMA and after 5days I've yet to receive it. What's up with that x10? I took out an extended warranty on this thing and now it appears you don't want to honor it.  >:(

Tcj

Mike C

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2006, 10:14:50 PM »

Tommy,

You may want to try clearing the interface and leaving the program blank for a few days.  Set the unit up to tranceive all house codes.  Leave your pc connected and monitor the activity file to see if someone nearby is also using x10.  Also have you updated your software recently? If so you may need to recreate your program file.  I had problems after I updated the software some time ago.  My fix was to recreate all my timers and modules from a blank file.  Since then I have had stable operation.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.