Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Jewish Holy days  (Read 5377 times)

orca

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Jewish Holy days
« on: May 28, 2006, 11:20:10 PM »

The Jewish holidays all start at sunset the previous evening.

This week Shavuot will start Thursday evening which is when the Jewish day starts.

I have the Jewish holidays in the holiday file and I'm trying to figure out how to set a flag that will tell me tomorrow is a Jewish holiday so I can start some macros on the previous evening based on that particular flag.

Does anyone have an idea of how to accomplish this?

Also, what is the main program written in?  I need to buy a compiler for the SDK as I'm thinking maybe the way to resolve some of these issues is in the software.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Bill Cook

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: Jewish Holy days
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 12:52:59 AM »

AHP / X10 defines a day as the 24 hr period from midnight to midnight. I don't think there's anyway test for a day in advance. You may want to add the preceding day to each of your holidays. This is what I do for New Years. I define New Years as Dec 31 and Jan 1.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 09:20:44 AM »

Bill -
I have the same problem.
Since my programming needs change enough with each of the holidays, I end up copying my main AHX file, modifying it for the week of the holiday, and using that modified file that week. I then switch back to the regular file after the holiday is over.
I haven't found any other way to handle the jewish calendar in AHP. It just isn't designed for that.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 09:34:24 AM »

Noam,

There's an easier way to handle the Jewish Holy Days.  Create your modifed file, save it with a different name, and then load it whenever you need it.That way, you don't have to constatly modify the main file.

I have 4 different .ahx files for certain times of the year. When I need to change, I simply run AHP, clear the interface, open the file I want to use, and download to the interface.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 11:15:00 AM »

...I have 4 different .ahx files for certain times of the year. When I need to change, I simply run AHP, clear the interface, open the file I want to use, and download to the interface.
Clever approach. So for I'm glad I haven't needed to use it. My .ahx file is in an on going work of art with a mod and a tweak regularly as I add features and debug. I'd hate to have to do that for more than one file. Besides I'd have to find another automated system to remind me to switch .ahx files.  ;)

To bad the "enable lifestyle" feature isn't able to be saved. Then I could have a vacation.ahx file. Still think I can handle it with a timed macro or 2 and a flag.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 04:01:36 PM »

Dan -
I do that, sort of. Like Steven, my AHX file is a work-in-progress. So, in most cases, my "Holiday" schedule will be similar to my "Normal" schedule, with only a few exceptions. Since I'd have to edit the Holiday file anyway (A particular holiday almost never falls out the same days of the week from year to year), I might as well start with my most recent "Normal" schedule.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 05:51:42 PM »

As long as it's not a hardship, whatever works for you.

I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.