Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Timers Slow To Execute  (Read 16181 times)

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: Timers Slow To Execute
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2006, 12:09:04 AM »

tomj,
Assuming you haven't screwed up royally somewhere, it would on the surface appear you have a defective CM15A.  But before carving that conclusion into stone, try reprogramming your schedule completely from scratch, taking particular care not to make any mistakes.  Here's my experience:

I purchased my CM15A shortly after it was introduced, and set right out to replicate the fairly long schedule I had been using on my old CM11A.  As I was relatively unfamiliar with AHP I made a bunch of omissions and mistakes and hastened to correct them - rearranged and re-addressed modules and macros, deleted and re-created macros and timers, etc.  The resulting schedule looked correct on the PC but was a disaster when downloaded - lights turned on and off at all the wrong times or not at all, modules at addresses that never appeared in the schedule turned on or off, etc.

I started over from scratch and carefully reprogrammed my schedule.  By this time I was more familiar with AHP and less prone to make mistakes.  Then the schedule worked pretty much the way it was intended to work (at least up to a point).  This was with the very first  release of AHP.  Whatever bugs were responsible for my original disaster have hopefully been corrected in the more recent releases, but who knows.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2006, 10:35:50 PM »

tomj,
Assuming you haven't screwed up royally somewhere, it would on the surface appear you have a defective CM15A.  But before carving that conclusion into stone, try reprogramming your schedule completely from scratch, taking particular care not to make any mistakes.  Here's my experience:

I purchased my CM15A shortly after it was introduced, and set right out to replicate the fairly long schedule I had been using on my old CM11A.  As I was relatively unfamiliar with AHP I made a bunch of omissions and mistakes and hastened to correct them - rearranged and re-addressed modules and macros, deleted and re-created macros and timers, etc.  The resulting schedule looked correct on the PC but was a disaster when downloaded - lights turned on and off at all the wrong times or not at all, modules at addresses that never appeared in the schedule turned on or off, etc.

I started over from scratch and carefully reprogrammed my schedule.  By this time I was more familiar with AHP and less prone to make mistakes.  Then the schedule worked pretty much the way it was intended to work (at least up to a point).  This was with the very first  release of AHP.  Whatever bugs were responsible for my original disaster have hopefully been corrected in the more recent releases, but who knows.
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2006, 11:21:13 PM »

tomj,

Well I've give it a try but to me it pretty straightforward really don't see anything that complicated in complying a timer, for example my 9pm timer I just clicked on at dust off at 2:am 7 days a week and it always three minutes late, just like clockwork on at 9:03. I mean come on this isn't rocket science. Think I'll erase everything and try re-downloading everything again. If that doesn't work guess I could redo everything while I'm waiting for that new Activehome hope to get the defective one out of here tomorrow.  I'm lactually eaning toward the possibility that's it's defective but we'll see. Thanks

Tcj

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2006, 01:23:25 AM »

...it always three minutes late, just like clockwork on at 9:03....
Still trying to understand this... You're saying if you set a timer to come on at 9:00 it comes on at 9:03? What time does AHP say it when it comes on 9:00 or 9:03. What time is recorded in the module history? What time does the computer say? Is the computer time the same as AHP after a sync? How often do you sync? Try syncing a few minutes before an on time. Also try waiting longer between syncs. If the CM15A is running slow, this time difference should vary. Also have you tried testing with it set to run from the computer instead of the CM15A?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 01:40:39 AM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

tom j

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2006, 11:32:14 PM »

...it always three minutes late, just like clockwork on at 9:03....
Still trying to understand this... You're saying if you set a timer to come on at 9:00 it comes on at 9:03? What time does AHP say it when it comes on 9:00 or 9:03. What time is recorded in the module history? What time does the computer say? Is the computer time the same as AHP after a sync? How often do you sync? Try syncing a few minutes before an on time. Also try waiting longer between syncs. If the CM15A is running slow, this time difference should vary. Also have you tried testing with it set to run from the computer instead of the CM15A?

Hi Yep my timer is programed for dusk which is actually 9:07 now and it actually came on tonight at exactly 9:10 the module history said 9:10 also the thing that really appears strange is that the interface time appears t be correct what I did was check the interface time right before and after it changes from one minute to the next. for example while watching the computers time at the bottom of the Activehome Professional software screen right at XX:58 I'll click Hardware configuration and the time will be correct and the repeat the some thing the next time at XX:01 or 02 and the interface time appears to be correct if it was the interface time that being three minutes slow after checking it right after XX:00 it should have been 3 minutes off. So I can't figure what's going on x10 support suggested downloading the update but I already have the latest version of the software 3.203. So I really don't know what's going on here. As far as syncing I thought it was suppose to sync automatically? Say are your timers perfectly synced for example does if you had a 4pm timer would it occure right at 4pm  or 4 minutes and 25 seconds for example. Thanks!

Tcj

tom j

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2006, 11:37:06 PM »

Say Steve forgot to ask you what version of the software are you using and did you run the update. Thanks again

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2006, 01:04:31 AM »

...my timer is programed for dusk which is actually 9:07 now and it actually came on tonight at exactly 9:10...
Is it only the dusk timer that is off? Are the regular timers off also?
What time does AHP say the dusk is under hardware configuration?
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

tom j

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2006, 08:23:59 PM »

Hi Great Question! will check tonight my first timers start around 9:00pm

Tcj

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2006, 08:29:10 PM »

Hi Great Question! will check tonight my first timers start around 9:00pm...
Also let me know what time does AHP says the dusk is under hardware configuration?

tom j

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2006, 11:59:12 PM »

Hi Great Question! will check tonight my first timers start around 9:00pm...
Also let me know what time does AHP says the dusk is under hardware configuration?

Another good question will do. One thing though all my on timers are only off a minute now. I didn't change anything so go figure  :-  ???  Just downloaded the update as support suggested they said something about updating the DLL's (dynamic link libraries) I'll see if that makes any difference and report back. Thanks

Tcj
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 12:01:45 AM by tom j »

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2006, 12:22:50 AM »

Another good question will do. One thing though all my on timers are only off a minute now. I didn't change anything so go figure...
That's within the "acceptable sync error". Murphy maybe just playing with your head. Anyway keep those fingers and toes crossed.

tom j

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2006, 12:36:35 AM »

Another good question will do. One thing though all my on timers are only off a minute now. I didn't change anything so go figure...
That's within the "acceptable sync error". Murphy maybe just playing with your head. Anyway keep those fingers and toes crossed.

Well one minute maybe I could live with but now it's back to three minutes for the on times. Off times appear to be OK within a minute. Tech Support has issued a RMA, probably wait until I get that new one to see what happens, Playing with my head uh??  :- Thanks

Tcj

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2006, 12:44:50 AM »

...Tech Support has issued a RMA...
Let us know how the new unit works.

tom j

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2006, 12:12:33 AM »

...Tech Support has issued a RMA...
Let us know how the new unit works.

Yep I sure will thanks to all for your help, well at least I learned a lot. I initially thought this thing was suppose to be synced to the second like the older version but you guys set me straight. Say Steve are you up on those smart macros got a quick question for ya.

Tcj

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2006, 12:17:42 AM »

...Say Steve are you up on those smart macros got a quick question for ya....
If I'm not, someone here is likely to be able to answer your question so fire away.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.