Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Timed events not executing on time in AHP With Version 3.203 Update  (Read 9316 times)

tgharab

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Ever since I applied the latest update, certain timed events will not trigger at the predetermined time.  No additional electrical items or X10 items have been added.  It seems that it is the same ID/Module that is having this issue of not turning on.  The module will not respond to an "On" or "Off" command from the interface software or a remote.  However, It will certainly work from the source switch (WS477).  I want to know if anyone else is experiencing similar occurrences with the latest version posted in the subject line.

Thank you.

Tad.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Timed events not executing on time in AHP With Version 3.203 Update
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 07:43:30 PM »

Funny how all wierd things seem to happen just after an update. Seems AHP resets some settings to defalt each update seems to be a new setting that needs to be checked. I've gotten into a habit of checking all my hardware settings after a update. I also have my Ahx   file save/backed up elsewhere and reload it as sometimes that can get corupt and cause all kinds of strange stuff to happen.If your problem is the Ahx file it can take a week or longer to find the problem can be anything from a module to a whole room gone screwy! ::)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

tgharab

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 07:51:02 PM »

Thanks for the reply.  For an IT person, I should have taken the precaution to backup the file.  I will be sure to do that for future releases.  I've been trouble shooting most of the weekend and I believe I have two issues.  One is the lack of a phase coupler (which I am in the process of remediating) and the second is noise on the lines.  I would much rather find a filter that can be attached right at the source rather than to individual X10 devices.  In hind site, it had been a while since I applied an update and I should have held off as everything was working just fine!  As for backing up the file, is as simple as copying that file or is there an import/export function (which I haven't seen in the X10 interface)?  Thank you for the words of wisdom

Regards,

Tad

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 08:37:02 PM »

You can back up your .ahx files anyhere. If your system has multiple drives, create a backup folder on a different drive than C: and copy all your .ahx fies to it. Every tine you make a change to any module, room or whatever in AHP, back up those .ahx files.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 08:50:39 PM »

As Dan stated just simply copy the file to anywhere.  I've never had the user.XML get corrupt but there is always a first time. I've had my AHX files corrupted many times!even had a corrupt one become good upon the next update but I never continued to use it. ::)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.