Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM11A Compatibility with New Active Home USB System  (Read 27053 times)

fosterRD

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM11A Compatibility with New Active Home USB System
« on: June 05, 2006, 05:48:27 PM »

The new Active Home Pro system claimed to be compatible with existing X10 products.  BUT, I am having problems when I try to use my original CM11A on another computer in the house when my new USB interface & software is running on another computerin the same house.

X10 Gurus:  Solution please....

Other X10 geeks:  Any comment?  Anyone else bought the new USB interface with Active Home Pro and still using their old CM11A in the same house on a second compuer?

#2 SOUNDS----we need some new .wav files.  Espcially for the motion detectors.  With ActiveHome Pro open all you see in a tiny circle coming from a MS14-16 when motion is detected.  I want to hear some noise to alert me that motion has been detected.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: CM11A Compatibility with New Active Home USB System
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 06:24:10 PM »

Easy.

Just make sure any modules controled by the CM11A are not controlled by AHP. Remember, there are Com Port problerms reported for Win XP, but it;s perfectly happy on a 9X box.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 06:56:08 PM »

If the cm11a on another computer has problems when the AHP on another computer is running. Could also be powerline noise from the AHP computer messing up the cm11a's ability to get signals to the modules. If the cm11a is OK when the other computer is off. Try an X10 type filter on the computers AC power cord. Do not get any filter between the interfaces AC plug and the wall socket.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 09:52:19 PM »

#2 SOUNDS----we need some new .wav files.  Espcially for the motion detectors.  With ActiveHome Pro open all you see in a tiny circle coming from a MS14-16 when motion is detected.  I want to hear some noise to alert me that motion has been detected.
If you don't mind using a third party software or addon check out X10dispatcher Has lots of added features besides sounds work with or withoutm AHP running. You could check out BXVC as well lets you talk to the PC and responds with Voice. Both need the Cm15a to work you can find more info on each in the thirdparty addon section of the AHP forum.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 10:18:17 PM »

fosterRD,
I would second BrianH's comments, however please describe more fully the nature of the problems you are having with the CM11A.

I infer from your message that the CM11A works OK if the AHP computer is turned on, so long as the AHP program is not running.  Is that correct?  Or do the problems occur when the AHP computer is turned on, regardless of whether the AHP program is running?

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

DB

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 01:09:13 PM »

I too am interested in this topic. I have two computers in my office\computer room and want to run the cm11 on one and the cm15 on another so they have to be in close proximity. I plan to run to run lower house codes on AHP and upper house codes on the cm11. The reason being I can only find software that runs on the cm11 for an IR macro device I purchased for A\V control. Will the interfaces interfere with each other? If so, are there steps to take to avoid these problems?

Thanks

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 02:02:00 PM »

As long as you don't have a module on AHP and AH at the same time, it will work. For example, run housecodes A-I on AHP and housecodes J-P on AH.

One you have both ActiveHome and ActiveHhomePro installed on their respective machines and all the modules installed, check the Find Other Computers in both, you should see in each their respective modules, plus the other machine's modules. If you get any Oraange blocks in either for modules you know should be on one or the other, you've got a clash.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

DB

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 11:05:53 AM »

Thanks for the tip Dan. I don't see any conflicts so I will give it a whirl.l

Stevena

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 01:28:01 PM »

How about this! I actually have my cm15a plugged into my cm11a. I am using the cm11a with Home Domination. I am using the cm15a only to store macros, run scripts and receive RF. I don't keep AHP running.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.