Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Macros  (Read 9677 times)

ncarl

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Macros
« on: June 06, 2006, 09:12:50 AM »

I have had x10, in one form or another, since 1964, and have seen it grow phenominally over the years. One problem has me stumped and I'm hoping that some "wizard" can help me you. Here's the situation:
I walk into the living room and a motion sensor turns on the light. I would like the light to stay on for as long as I'm there; but if there's no motion after 10 minutes, I'd like it to turn off!!! How the heck to I get the light to stay on continuously until everyone leaves the room.
What seems to happen is that the light will shut off after a defined time. I can't figure out how to get the light to stay on continuously, refreshing the original timer because I'm still in the room. If you understand my question and can help, please drop me a line at
ncarlj@hotmail.com

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: Macros
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 11:24:14 AM »

Easiest way would be to put the sensor on the same HC as the light and set the timer in the sensor to turn off after a certain time without motion. Then the light should stay on as long as you have moved in the time period you've set. The key here is someone has to move to reset sensor. If you sit back for a movie the light is likely to turn off.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 11:27:44 AM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 01:29:41 AM »

Quote from: Your email
I'm not sure that works since the X10 motion sensors insist on timing down and issuing the off command no matter what else happens. That has been my problem; the motion sensors will not re-set the timer to start counting down again until they have completed their previous task. That has been my problem!!
It was my understanding that the motion sensors worked the way I said. Sorry if it doesn't.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 01:33:02 AM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

ncarl

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 05:56:59 PM »

Well, please do try it yourself and let me know if it actually works for you. I'm having no luck keeping the motion sensor from turning off the light.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.