Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Smart Macro - New User Problem  (Read 7606 times)

bitemeborb

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Smart Macro - New User Problem
« on: June 07, 2006, 12:11:11 PM »

I just downloaded Smart Macros and I am having a very basic problem getting it to work. I created a very simply scenario. Turn Lamp A1 on and off between certain times. I have Lamp module A1 that works perfectly from the CM15. Then I added a very simple macro to turn lamp module A1 on between 8 AM and 9AM. I pressed the Run Macro button to test it out and the lamp comes on. I downloaded the changes to the CM15 then wait until 8AM. Nothing happens. I must be missing something but I can't figure out what simple thing I am doing wrong.

Any help?

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
Re: Smart Macro - New User Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 12:25:19 PM »

I just downloaded Smart Macros and I am having a very basic problem getting it to work. I created a very simply scenario. Turn Lamp A1 on and off between certain times. I have Lamp module A1 that works perfectly from the CM15. Then I added a very simple macro to turn lamp module A1 on between 8 AM and 9AM. I pressed the Run Macro button to test it out and the lamp comes on. I downloaded the changes to the CM15 then wait until 8AM. Nothing happens. I must be missing something but I can't figure out what simple thing I am doing wrong.

Sounds like you are using a macro when you are wanting to use a timer.  The time conditions on a macro will allow you to have the macro enabled only at certain times but will not automatically trigger the macro (it must be triggered manually).  One example of where you would want to use this is if you want a motion sensor to turn a light on only during certain times of the day.

You can create a timer for both macros and modules which will cause them to be triggered (or turned on or off in the case of modules) at specific times.  I hope this helps.

bitemeborb

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 07:56:07 PM »

Thanks. I thought the macro would act as a trigger for the lamp.

So, if I want to use a motion sensor to trigger a lamp module during certain days or times I would then use a macro for that?

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 09:38:16 AM »

Thanks. I thought the macro would act as a trigger for the lamp.

No, macros will not act as a timed trigger for the lamp.  They are a way of doing multiple things with one trigger.  You can have a timer trigger the macro or have it manually triggered.

So, if I want to use a motion sensor to trigger a lamp module during certain days or times I would then use a macro for that?

Yes, that is one of many uses for macros.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.