Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Do any of you use Home Assistant with X10/mochad?  (Read 1896 times)

schmuttis

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Do any of you use Home Assistant with X10/mochad?
« on: September 03, 2023, 12:09:05 PM »

If so, I'm wondering how you handle your motion detectors - motion floodlights/eagle eyes etc.?

I'm able to control/automate all of my light and appliance modules without any problem but unless I'm missing something mochad on Home Assistant doesn't have the ability to sense any motion detection. So I'm wondering what you might be using as a work around for this problem.

Looking forward to your input.

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
Re: Do any of you use Home Assistant with X10/mochad?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2023, 02:56:32 AM »

You’d be better off posting on the Home Assistant forum where they can guide you through the process https://community.home-assistant.io/t/adding-x10-support/2264/75

schmuttis

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2023, 04:30:25 PM »

@petera I did post on HA too. There are so few X10 users on Home Assistant that I rarely get a response there so I thought my chances might be better here. So far you are my only response on either community.

For now I'm using my old x10 software to detect motion and then I send an api call to HA. I was hoping to totally ditch the old and totally convert to HA but so far I haven't thought of a better way to get the motion triggers to HA.

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2023, 04:33:50 AM »

Yes the X10 user base has seriously dwindled over the last couple of years to such an extent nobody is interested in developing anything new for it.

If the backbone of your home automation system is X10 I’d opt for Home Genie. You won’t get anything with better support for X10. Support for the other technologies in Home Genie is adequate and with a little creativity a decent setup is achievable. It’s a one man project development so you’ll need to do a bit of behind the scenes work to get your system to an acceptable level.

You could also create a hybrid setup between Home Assistant and Node Red via a Docker Setup. Again something you could investigate a little further. You could also Dockerize both Home Assistant and Home Genie on the same PC/Board and pass the Home Genie X10 load to Home Assistant.

A lot to consider but X10 in Home Assistant is really on achievable via power line and Heyu using something like the CM11. If you haven’t already tried Home Genie give it a whirl and see what you think.

b0b99

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2023, 09:18:38 AM »

I know this has been kicked around in the past but Domoticz has support for the CM15A with mochad and has no problem handling X10 motion detectors. There is a very active users group and easy to follow instructions for installing domoticz and x10 support. I have been using Domoticz on a raspberry pi for years with x10 (I only have x10 devices) with no problems (thanks to Jeff Volpe's xtb-IIR).

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.