Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VA11A IS NOT INSTALLED BY INSTLLATION SOFTWARE  (Read 16586 times)

ALEXROJAS1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
VA11A IS NOT INSTALLED BY INSTLLATION SOFTWARE
« on: June 11, 2006, 08:53:27 PM »

I have the Active Home Pro with iWitness, but unfortunately i can not get the VA11A driver installed.

I have being researching on the forums and must of the time it is suggested to:

Install the software
Restart computer
verify that VA11A is installed: in device manager under Image devices
If an Intel PC Camera is there then plug the  (         ) to force the VA11A driver to be installed or select the Intel PC camera and update the driver manually.

When I plug the(    )  a new component is added in the device manager under the USB Category as USB unknown device.

I already went through this procedure several time and I do not know why but i can not get in the device manager under image devices either the VA11A driver, neither the Intel PC Camera.

I looked up the installation process more carefully and observed that right at the moment when it supposed to install the VA11A driver it displays "skipped..."  I do not know why

As an alternative I downloaded the X10drivers.exe and installation seams to run with out any problem, but I still not getting either the Intel PC Camera or the VA11A in the device manager.

I noticed that X10drivers.exe creates a folder under c:\ program files\common files\x10drivers\VA11A\
and leaves several files there but even if I manually try to update the driver for the unknown USB device (since it is the only thing I can get in the device manager) and force windows to take it, it just tells me that not suitable driver for that device was found.
I already call several times the X10 support number, and expend on the phone several hours i can not get someone to give me an answer to my problem.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Tks.

QUEBEC

Re: VA11A IS NOT INSTALLED BY INSTLLATION SOFTWARE
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 04:12:57 PM »

Just leave plug the VA11A into the USB port.
After just re-install iWitness without uninstalling nothing
I hope this help you.
Reply please.

skott2

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 09:30:12 AM »

I am having the same problem with the VX11a USB video connection. Windows XP Pro installs this as a Nogutech USB live USB device.
When I run the X10drivers installation I still get a Nogatech install. I have left the device plugged in and I have reinstalled ActivehomePro, iWitness and XrayVision.
It works with XrayVision (Dont run ActiveHomePro and XRayVision at the same time it crashes-known feature).
Installing the X10Drivers provides me with 2 Internet explorer web links and that is it.
Firewall is turned off and windows DSP (file protection against system file over-rights) is also turned off.
What do I try now?
Does anybody have just the *.inf or *.DLL file extracted from the system32 or other directorys that I can force feed?
Thanks. ???

jawaid

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 03:02:23 AM »

I fought this battle over the weekend too. The VA11A driver just would not install at all. In my case, the problem was resolved when I replaced the newly-received VA11A with one I had bought a couple of months ago.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.