Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PC to IR sender  (Read 15521 times)

alan c. jones

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
PC to IR sender
« on: June 12, 2006, 01:36:34 AM »

What is least expensive option to add IR output for A/V control from my PC.  Running  older v.1.7(?) Homeseer and wish to control A/V components in a limited manner.  Does X-10 have any connection a la ocelot?
thanks,
Alan

DB

Re: PC to IR sender
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 01:25:23 PM »

If you have an ocelot you can connect the secu16ir module to it with stick on emitters to control a\v equipment. I am currently experimenting with the MyBlaster usb\rf unit for $49.95. The software that comes with it can control equipment but does not respond to x10 signals. I have ordered ircommand2 from WPDS software that works with the older cm11a unit to send macro ir and x10 commands. I am waiting on the registration key to set it up. The problem so far with this system is if you are running AHP you pretty much need a second computer to run the old interface as I don't think both interfaces will run on the same machine. I have asked WPDS if they would consider a version for the cm15a and they said they would look into it.They seemed receptive to the idea and if more people sent them some feedback we could get a very inexpensive way to get x10 ir control for the cm15a.

alan c. jones

Re: PC to IR sender
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 06:42:14 PM »

Friend,
No, I don't have an Ocelot, I was just using it as an example of the function I wanted the system to perform.  Let us know how your Myblaster unit pans out.  Enquiring minds want to know.
Thanks for your response.
Alan

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.