Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Who is X10 and why is this happening?  (Read 17179 times)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Who is X10 and why is this happening?
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 05:30:25 PM »

I can't answer most of the technical questions, but I can tell you that the call center is right here in Kent, WA....

Hi Sara,

Date Registered:     2006-08-18, 14:08:19

First post today - what inspired you to jump into the 'frying pan';)

...We don't outsource for that - tech support and sales are all right here in the building, and the engineers have a room in the back...

After X10Pro (aka Michael Cole) left, almost a year ago, Dave Rye filled in "less than a handful of times". But, otherwise, we "Community Organizers" are pretty much left 'high-and-dry' -

Why don't any Tech Support and/or Engineers ever log in and help us out?
???

My guess:  Either they don't know it's here, or they know and don't care.  Seems like all X10USA wants to do is SELL  :(
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Sara

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
  • Copywriter to the stars
    • my X10 blog
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 06:03:52 PM »

Hi everyone!  Thanks for the welcome. :)

I actually lurk the forums from time to time just to see how people are responding to the site, but I got the account back in August so I could edit the Knowledge Base (http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Main_Page - I wish more people would use that resource, as it's a good place to find technical and troubleshooting info, and since it uses the Wiki code, it's considerably less loud than most X10 pages).  Today just happened to be the first time I saw a question I could answer. 

As to getting somebody to keep up with technical questions, we're a bit understaffed at the moment (and anticipating a move); the best way to get the attention of someone here is still just to call.  I will go poke Mike Mallari, though, and ask if he knows of anyone who has extra time to check the forums.  And I will try to drop in more often to check up.

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2007, 08:46:39 PM »

Sara ... There are a number of folks (Tuicemen, TakeTheActive, Puck, Brian H, Dave X10 L, KDR, etc.) that contribute heavily to this forum by answering questions and providing good sound advice and direction to many, many members.  What about this suggestion, why not elicit their help to periodically summarize major issues and concerns of the populous and provide X10 management with these issues.  You say X10 is too understaffed to be active in this forum.  Well, here is an opportunity to bridge that problem.  I haven't spoken to any of these folks that I mentioned above, so they may hate me by now ... but my point is, there may be somebody that would be interested in doing this.  But I think the first order of business would be, that we are convinced that X10 is truely interested in listening to us. 

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 07:34:03 PM »

Sara --- Another opportunity --- If you want to make a big score here, you can answer our questions about X10 support of the Vista operating system.

Michael M.

• Typologist
  • Helpful Post Rating: 9
    • X10 Community
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2007, 06:19:48 PM »

Don,

In regards to the Vista browser, i'm told that currently we are developing for that format.  At this point we don't have anything available.  I'm sure that once we do you'll start to hear more about it. 

In the event you need more information, a good resource would be to contact the support desk at support@x10.com.  The staff there would be able to provide more information.

Regards,
Mike
Read my blog at www.x10community.com/michaelm

Visit the Community Site at www.x10community.com

bradleystownsend

• Helpful Post Rating: -2
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2007, 10:27:56 PM »

You're developing for Vista?  The current product doesn't work very well!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.