Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Unacceptable Customer Service  (Read 30704 times)

x10 in Georgia

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Unacceptable Customer Service
« on: June 14, 2006, 03:55:56 PM »

I placed an order today for the x10 ActiveHome deal. Verified the order and clicked the submit buttom and was surprised to see the quantity doubled on the order confirmation. Called customer service only to wait on hold for over 1 1/2 hours! Reviewed the website for an email address but the website claims order changes/cancellations can only be made via telephone so I continued to hold. Eventually while attempting to access the forums to vent my frustrations I found a link to chat based support. Why this is not on your support page is unknown. The chat based support immediately resolved the problem but then asked if I selected Canada as a ship to state. I replied no and the chat representative has left to "research the problem" and that was over 30 minutes ago. My goodness, what options do I have but to select another vendor for my home automation needs. I have used x10 for about 5 years but if placing an order is going to ruin my day, then I have no choice but to buy someone else's product!

I will not place another order with x10 because I never have 2 hours to address a problem. If this was an actual store and had I been forced to stand at the cashier for over 2 hours waiting to correct something, the store would probably have to contact the local authorities to have me removed! This is so unacceptable that words are unable to describe the horrendous experience that I now associate with x10!

Michael M.

• Typologist
  • Helpful Post Rating: 9
    • X10 Community
Re: Unacceptable Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 12:53:35 PM »

Hello X10 in Georgia,

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you incurred yesterday while trying to resolve your issue with the ActiveHome ordering mis-hap. 

Having to wait for assistance for an hour-and-a-half is unacceptable for any business, let alone X10.  In addition, having the Customer Service Representative leave in the middle of an important chat is unexcusable.  Please rest assured that this matter will be addressed and forwarded to the appropriate departments for further review and correction.  We will do our best to fix this matter.

In addition, your suggestion of adding the chat link to the support page will also be taken into consideration as a way of easing future customer needs for assistance.

I would love to hear from you further so I can personally provide my attention to you and ensure that you are being heard.  Please contact me at michaelm@x10.com and provide me your name and number so I can contact you directly.
Read my blog at www.x10community.com/michaelm

Visit the Community Site at www.x10community.com

ksihota

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 03:11:56 AM »

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one being ignored.  For a while there I thought X10 was not interested in my business.  I too have used X10 products for more than 5 years. I stopped ordering when I began having major problems with the switch module.  I reported the problem as a poorly designed contact switch but never got any reply.  I eventully replaced all my X10 switches back to the old manual ones as the cheap spring steel contacts in the X10 switches kept breaking.

This time I decided to try again with the newer model switches and add some video monitoring.  I quickly discovered the other reason I gave up on X10.  The website was extremely difficult to navigate and each time I would try and place an order on-line I had to call in and correct or add billing information.
My latest experience started around the beginning of June.  I decided to register as a Contractor (I have several small businesses and some customers had indicated interest in home automation and video security.) I planned to buy several items to test them out and pass the information on to my clients.
The first problem I ran into was a problem with placing items into the contractor's shopping cart.  Some items would go in, others would go into the standard cart.  I reported the problem but it has yet been resolved.  One support person indicated that I wasn't logged on (which I was) and another indicated that they too noticed this problem. This meant that I was not able to place the items I really wanted into my contractor's cart but instead had to hunt around and find similar items that I could use in their place.

(June 4) Eventully I completed my order and submitted it. I recieved back the confirmation and waited for my order to be processed. 

(June 5) The next day I received an email asking me to contact a sales rep regarding my order.  I called in and after waiting for about 15 minutes spoke to a rep who told me I needed to supply the phone number for the bank that issued my credit card.  I provided the info and was told the order would be shipped out right away.  I asked if a confirmation email would be sent because I asked for a pricing change on an item which was now selling at a lower price.  I was told that this info would show on the packing slip.

(June 6) I waited a day and then decided to try the "Where's My Order link" that I had heard about waiting on the phone.  To my surprise the order indicate that it had been cancelled. I thought this was from last time so I waited a day or so longer.  I assumed if it was cancelled I would get some kind of email message. Nothing came.

(June 9) I again called back and this time waited on hold for about 75 minutes. I finally gave up.  I decided I would try the email support and sent off an email.  Again item pricing had changed on the site so I asked for some alterations

(June 12-13) I tried a few more times to get through on the phone.

(June 14)  I decided to try calling again and then spent over an hour and a half waiting on hold.  I finally gave up and sent an email listing the order and my problems to the address of the first person that emailed me.

(June 16) Today I got a short email back from another support person that simply says: Please call 800-675-3044 to place your security system order.

I use email beacuse it is the easiest form of communication for me.  I am not easilly accessible by phone and I do not like to wait on hold.  I place on-line orders because they provide me with a simple and clear way of viewing and verifying my order.  I have yet to have an on-line order completed by X10 that did not require me to call in. I would suggest that if you can't get your on-line shopping carts to work properly you should scrap them.  I would also suggest that you do something about your phone support.

I had hoped to have had my original order a week ago.  Now it looks like I'll be removing any existing X10 hardware I currently use and be informing my clients that X10 is not the way to go. Maybe my problem is that I did select Canada to ship to.  Its too bad because I was really looking forward to trying out the video cameras especially the Vanguard system (although as a test system its a little too pricey)

Thanks for listening to my rant.  Now I can go on with my life.

KS

Duck69

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
  • Unselfish Love
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 10:26:59 AM »

Since placing orders on line came up; Here is my 2 cents.
The last 4 (That's right FOUR) times I tried to place an order on line it didn't go through.
I then tried chat, in 2 of the cases they bungled my order and I had to contact them again to correct it. In
As far as customer service goes. I had a bad DS7000. When I called, I was asked a couple of questions and was then given a RMA and received an e-mail with instructions for returning it.
"I'm not lazy, I'm just Resistant to exertion."

Michael M.

• Typologist
    • X10 Community
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 07:14:49 PM »

Hello Otis69 & KSIHOTA,

This is Mike Mallari from X10.  Thank you for bringing these matters to our attention.  I am reviewing and addressing them as we hold your comments in high regard.  I think this is also a great way for us at X10 to find ways to better our service and to properly teach and instruct our service team.

If you'd like, feel free to contact me at michaelm@x10.com or call me at 253-437-3800 x2242.  I would certainly love to hear from both of you so we can find ways to improve our service for you.

Regards,
Mike Mallari

X10 Community Director

lovethev

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 03:37:26 AM »

I would like to add to the unacceptable customer service, A few days ago I stayed up till midnight waiting for the bandit, I wanted to get the L2 video sender, so the deal comes around and I caught the bandit deal for 5.00 dollars, so I pay with my credit card, everything gos through ok, A  couple hours later I get a email from X10 saying that I am not going to receive my order because I already received a free permotion, I still don't know what there talking about nothing is free, I payed for every thing I ever ordered from X10, So I email customer three times in the last 2 days and I get no response at all from anybody, So I go to there email help screen and asked them if they could tell me what this email meant about the free permotion thing that was keeping me from receiving my 5.00 dollar video sender, They said hang on, while I find an answer to your question, About 15 minutes later it comes up with this automated message saying the they would not answer my question on that email help, they said ,that was just for questions related to buying new products. So I asked again on the same screen if they would please get my question answered, That was the last thing that was said, They just shined me on like i was not even there, I still have not received any email explaining what this whole thing is about,I think you have very poor customer service here at X10, I have heard many many other complaints that have not been answered. I will be buying my products from someone else from now on. Thanks Dan

Michael M.

• Typologist
    • X10 Community
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 05:02:55 PM »

Hello lovethev,

I'm sorry for what you endured in trying to "steal a deal" away from the Bandit.  I've sent you a direct e-mail so I can learn more.  If you would like to reply then feel free....  Otherwise, My apologies for all that you have endured.

Regards,
Mike Mallari

lovethev

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 10:28:19 PM »

I don't know where you sent the email to, its been 5 days now and still no reply from anybody, customer service has still not bothered to answer any of my emails, if you would like to contact me my email address is danwoods@cox.net it would be nice if someone would let me know why I am not going to get the deal i waited 4 days and stayed up till midnight, just to inform me that I already received a free permotion deal, that I have no idea what they are talking about.

Thank  You
Unhappy customer
 Dan

Michael M.

• Typologist
    • X10 Community
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 12:38:33 PM »

Hello lovethev,

When I click on your name, the email listed is lovethev@yahoo.com.  This is where I directed the email to.  Thank you for providing your updated email address. I will re-forward my original message.

Regards,
Mike Mallari

X10 Community Director

KevetS

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 09:40:28 PM »

Well, I guess I'll add my story here too.

I had ordered the 'RCA X10 ActiveHome Kit & RCA Home Control Kit' (see http://www.x10.com/promotions/goldmine_activehome_bandit.html ) which I thought included everything mentioned and shown.

When I opened the box what I found was:

- one remote as pictured

- a USED base module.  I say used based on the screwdriver marks in the seams and the fact that the button and dial don't quite line up correctly

- a loose-in-shipping-box computer interface

No serial cable, no serial adapter and no software, although all were line items on the packing slip.  It is bad enough that items have obvious wear, but since I didn't even receive what I thought was the whole package I'm completely perplexed by the whole deal.

I have submitted TWO support emails via the support form but have yet to receive even an excuse.

I guessed that phone hold times would be fairly heavy but after reading here I'm not even going to bother.

I'll just be another first-time & last-time customer.

lovethev

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 03:52:22 PM »

Well it has been seven days now, that I have been waiting for an explanation, on why the midnight bandit deal I stayed up to get, and got the deal, a video sender for 5.00 dollars, and received an email a couple hours later saying that I already received a free permotion  only 1 per customer,

First off I would like to know what I got for free?  I have never received anything free from X10,
Secondly I would like to know,  how long is it going to be before I can get an explanation, on why this deal I got will not be sent to me. Or does anybody know.

Please reply
Dan.

I would like to add to the unacceptable customer service, A few days ago I stayed up till midnight waiting for the bandit, I wanted to get the L2 video sender, so the deal comes around and I caught the bandit deal for 5.00 dollars, so I pay with my credit card, everything gos through ok, A  couple hours later I get a email from X10 saying that I am not going to receive my order because I already received a free permotion, I still don't know what there talking about nothing is free, I payed for every thing I ever ordered from X10, So I email customer three times in the last 2 days and I get no response at all from anybody, So I go to there email help screen and asked them if they could tell me what this email meant about the free permotion thing that was keeping me from receiving my 5.00 dollar video sender, They said hang on, while I find an answer to your question, About 15 minutes later it comes up with this automated message saying the they would not answer my question on that email help, they said ,that was just for questions related to buying new products. So I asked again on the same screen if they would please get my question answered, That was the last thing that was said, They just shined me on like i was not even there, I still have not received any email explaining what this whole thing is about,I think you have very poor customer service here at X10, I have heard many many other complaints that have not been answered. I will be buying my products from someone else from now on. Thanks Dan

KevetS

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006, 04:30:05 PM »

Nice, isn't it?   Just take the money and run.  No explanations, no accountability, no respect for customers.

The usual "we're too busy to send immediate responses" doesn't hold up.  Maybe if customers were treated like valued customers the so-called support people wouldn't be so busy.

rondude2005

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2006, 07:48:04 PM »

I'm glad I came across this post and I am also a little disturbed. I started having flash-backs to all of my issues when I started reading all of these. There is no excuse for the service that we have been getting. Here are just a few of my issues...

1- I ordered a complete security system that I paid $200.00 for. When I received my system I started opening up the boxes and discovered that 2 out of three keychain remotes were used. They were so use the stickers on the back were almost gone. The fronts were all scratched and beat up and one the buttons had wore through the plastic on the front cover. I figured "mistakes happen" so I called in and told them about the issue. I was assured that they would send two replacements right out and not to worry about retuning the used ones. Well.....I had ordered some other products since then and just as others have stated I got the e-mail about contacting customer service about my order and I have alreadyy received my "free" item and don't qualify for another.

Here is where it gets real bad. I had alread waited for over an hour to speak with someone and decided I would try the sales number. Instant success!!! When they want to sell you something they pick up on the first ring!! I was told they would transfer me to someone right away so I continued to wait. ANOTHER HOUR!!!

I figured they were busy so I would try back the next day. BIG MISTAKE!!

2- During the time waiting to call back I got a Midnight Bandit deal that stated (This is a copy of the e-mail.)

"You've heard of Double-Barrel, Double-Shots and the Double-Mint Twins. So why not DOUBLE BANDIT!
The Bandit's pulling a Double tonight to bring you Home Automation heist like no other.

First, he has set his sights on the 3-for-1 Slimline Decorator Switches. The deal is already an amazing value with three wireless wall switches for ONLY $19.99. But the Bandit wants more. He's dug deep an grabbed FOUR Slimline Designer Switches to ADD.

Yes, Yes, it's TRUE! Tonight at Midnight (PST), if you're fast, you'll get a total of SEVEN wireless wall switches for ONLY $19.99. That's enough for an entire home. Control every X10 light or appliance from anywhere with these elegant wall switches that you simply Peal and Stick to the wall. No Holes, No Mess. Just the pure wireless freedom and control you deserve.

Click Here at Midnight to Grab the FIRST Bandit Deal. "

OK.....It says seven wall switches for $19.99. Well that wasn't what was on the site when I waited up half the night to get them. The deal they had was six for $24.99. I called in and the person treated me like I was crazy and there was no deal online like that. (Hmmmmmm I think that was my complaint.) I explained it about 10 times for him to get the problem and he told me to place my order online and to put a note in the comments stating if I was not getting the deal I was sent the e-mail on then to cancel the order. Here comes another e-mail telling me I don't qualify for the deal again.

Ok....Now I call in again. Again after being on hold for an hour I called the sales line. RIGHT THROUGH AGAIN!! Well by this time I'm pretty steamed. I kept them on the phone until I got a supervisor. Guess what my remotes had never got sent. I just got them today finally!! Oh yeah....Only 2 of the 7 slimline wall switches had batteries in them that even worked.

I'm not sure If I will continue to purchase from x10 in the future. There is a huge need for improvement. I have seen the "We will address the issue." posts. Well so far I haven't seen any improvements and still have been on hold while I type this post.

If someone would like for me to call them and tell them exactly what is wrong with the company I would be more than happy to do that.

Ron Anderson

Just had to add this. 1hr and 20min and still on hold.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 08:30:54 PM by rondude2005 »

KevetS

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2006, 08:27:04 PM »

I really hate doing chargebacks but since I can't get a response to any of my emails that's the way to go.

I'll send back the used crap but I'm not paying return postage.   I ordered something because I wanted it, regardless of whether it actually met my needs or not.   If I misunderstood something when I ordered, fine, my fault.

But since it looks like I'm not the only one here ordering one thing and getting another, and USED on top of that, it may be time to escalate.

rondude2005

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2006, 08:33:03 PM »

That sounds like a wonderful idea. I hadn't thought of doing a charge back. Glad I used my credit cards for my purchases. It doesn't seem like there is anyone there that would care if I did that. There sure isn't anyone on the other end of the phone that acts like they care. (Unless they are selling you something.)

Still on hold! 1hr and 40min now! Called in on my cell phone to the sales department again and got right through! Hmmmm....Here is an idea. Since the sales people seem to be so well educated on the product how about using them when support is busy? Just wait until my next post. This is going to be good.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 09:08:56 PM by rondude2005 »
Pages: [1] 2 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.