Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Unacceptable Customer Service  (Read 30751 times)

KevetS

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Unacceptable Customer Service
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2006, 08:35:34 PM »

Well, I'm trying my last effort to resolve this.  I've had the live chat window open for 15 minutes, waiting for my turn to gripe.

All my previous attempts at contact have been nice and reasonable.  Can't guarantee this one.  :P

KevetS

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2006, 08:39:01 PM »

Never mind, just got kicked out for not buying anything.

"Thank you for using online chat system. However, we reserve this system to answer pre-sales questions. Answers to your order support questions can be found by calling our support hotline at 1-800-442-5138. Additionally, you can also find answers to technical question by emailing us at support@x10.com or by looking in our online Knowledge Wiki found here http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Main_Page."

Thanks for the help, I think.

--Update--

I have been informed that since I ordered a Bandit deal I'm not entitled to everything shown in the picture or stated in the product listing.
Still no replies as to why I received USED hardware.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 09:36:09 PM by KevetS »

rondude2005

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2006, 09:34:18 PM »

It just keeps getting better and better. After waiting for two hours on the phone here is what I was told.

1- I couldn't get my controllers or modules to work around the house. The would work in some outlets and not others. I have purchased the Active home kit, MiniTimer Kit, Slimline wall switches, Showtime kit and a $200 security system. Within the last few weeks. Now I am told that to get my modules to work I need to PURCHASE a phase something or other. OK...I may be wrong but this is supposed to work out of the box. I was also told that "most new houses are that way." Hmmm...Seems like that would be something to warn someone about before you purchase their products. You have to install something in the electrical box to get the things you purchase to work correctly? I'm leaving on vacation in a few days. How does this help me?

2- The Showtime was displaying funky on the screen. It was clear over on the right side of the screen with black bars on the top, bottom, and left of it. Again no help. I was told to change the aspect ratio of my video card.???????? It is a standard integrated video controller with at 17" monitor. Tried it on my laptop too and the same thing.

Ok...enough is enough. Can't get anyone that wants to help. Can't find anyone that knows anything. I think the charge back is a great option now. I feel like I wasted $300 just to be told they need more money. Is this a scam or what?

Maybe there is someone out there that cares but I haven't found them yet. I will not recommend these products to anyone ever again!!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 10:08:50 PM by rondude2005 »

lovethev

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2006, 08:01:49 AM »

Well its been 9 days now and I am still waiting for a response from customer service, Now this is good customer service, They can't even take the time to send an email to explane where these free permotions are that I received , which I never received, that is keeping me from getting my midnight bandit deal. THIS PLACE IS A JOKE

Unhappy customer
Dan

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2006, 10:08:32 PM »

1- I couldn't get my controllers or modules to work around the house. The would work in some outlets and not others... ...Now I am told that to get my modules to work I need to PURCHASE a phase something or other. OK...I may be wrong but this is supposed to work out of the box...

You should have done a bit of pre-purchase research via GOOGLE.  :-[

...I was also told that "most new houses are that way." Hmmm...Seems like that would be something to warn someone about before you purchase their products. You have to install something in the electrical box to get the things you purchase to work correctly?

Don't install *ANYTHING* until you DIAGNOSE what's causing your problem(s):

• Noise
  • Signal Suckers
  • Defective Product
  • Other

...I'm leaving on vacation in a few days. How does this help me?

Poor timing.  :-[

Ok...enough is enough. Can't get anyone that wants to help. Can't find anyone that knows anything. I think the charge back is a great option now. I feel like I wasted $300 just to be told they need more money. Is this a scam or what?

Maybe there is someone out there that cares but I haven't found them yet. I will not recommend these products to anyone ever again!!

Read my Apr/17/2004 @ 6:57 PM post in: > > > ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER... < < <

It's not that hard, but it's also not that easy when you start out...  ;)
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

KevetS

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2006, 12:25:10 PM »

I would like to update my situation.

After fighting to get to speak to someone about the missing items in my order I was told that they would be shipped immediately.

Today, I received ONE of the missing parts.  I am still missing one of the parts included in the kit.

This is just insane.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2006, 01:58:11 PM »

I am beginning to believe that many of you who bought "deals" from the The Bandit didn't get what they paid for.

I also recommend that all who were shortchanged PM X10 Pro and advise him. He is high enough in the X10 corporate ladder to do something.

These "Bandit" deals are just that. A bandit is a bad person who steals.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

rondude2005

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2006, 02:33:37 PM »

1- I couldn't get my controllers or modules to work around the house. The would work in some outlets and not others... ...Now I am told that to get my modules to work I need to PURCHASE a phase something or other. OK...I may be wrong but this is supposed to work out of the box...

You should have done a bit of pre-purchase research via GOOGLE.  :-[

...I was also told that "most new houses are that way." Hmmm...Seems like that would be something to warn someone about before you purchase their products. You have to install something in the electrical box to get the things you purchase to work correctly?

Don't install *ANYTHING* until you DIAGNOSE what's causing your problem(s):

• Noise
  • Signal Suckers
  • Defective Product
  • Other

...I'm leaving on vacation in a few days. How does this help me?

Poor timing.  :-[

Read my Apr/17/2004 @ 6:57 PM post in: > > > ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER... < < <

It's not that hard, but it's also not that easy when you start out...  ;)

Ok.....I have used these products before without a hitch. Now that I have decided to use them again in a new house I am having  the issues. I did call into the sales line and asked all sorts of questions and during the whole conversation I was never told anything about having to have a phase coupler or it was even a possible issue.  I purchased these items BECAUSE I am going on vacation. How do you test it out UNTIL you unpack and try them?

I find it in very bad taste that you would bash my post because of the terrable service that I have received. I have been in the technical service field for 15 years now and would never have treated any of my customers the way I have been treated. You may want to read some of the other posts and see I am not the only one.

If the shoe was on the other foot you wouldn't be so hasty to put up such an ignorant post.

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2006, 06:33:26 PM »

I find it in very bad taste that you would bash my post because of the terrable service that I have received. I have been in the technical service field for 15 years now and would never have treated any of my customers the way I have been treated. You may want to read some of the other posts and see I am not the only one.

I did not bash your post - I replied to your questions with cold, hard facts. Did you bother to click on my LINK and read my FAQ?

If the shoe was on the other foot you wouldn't be so hasty to put up such an ignorant post.

My X-10 equipment works - your's doesn't; so, who's ignorant here?

IMO, you're uninformed, impatient, and have closed your mind to solving the real problem.

Ok.....I have used these products before without a hitch. Now that I have decided to use them again in a new house I am having  the issues. I did call into the sales line and asked all sorts of questions and during the whole conversation I was never told anything about having to have a phase coupler or it was even a possible issue.  I purchased these items BECAUSE I am going on vacation. How do you test it out UNTIL you unpack and try them?

You need to do some research and learn what can effect X-10. Your new house is not your old house or apartment - something in your new house is causing the problem(s).

Now, if you purchased this security equipment A FEW DAYS before you planned to go on vacation, I repeat - poor planning. What if you made a mistake, or something was defective and the siren came on and never went off; or all the lights started blinking and never stopped. You should have bought this equipment at least a month ago, installed it and made positively sure that it was working correctly before you left it running unattended.

If all of the folks in this thread just want to continue whining and bashing X-10, well then, go right ahead.

I offered solid advice - take it or leave it...

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2006, 06:40:37 PM »

I am beginning to believe that many of you who bought "deals" from the The Bandit didn't get what they paid for.

I also recommend that all who were shortchanged PM X10 Pro and advise him. He is high enough in the X10 corporate ladder to do something.

These "Bandit" deals are just that. A bandit is a bad person who steals.

So, what about Mike Mallari? Isn't he taking care of anyone's problems?

It's obvious, at least to me, that some 'minimum wage, unmotivated, unconcerned' warehouse employee needs some counseling.

Are you a Community Organizer because of your vast experience with X-10 products, or because you volunteered?

If you've been around X-10 for any length of time, you should know what's going on. If you can't get satisfaction from Customer Service, or Mike Mallari, or even X10 Pro, contact Dave Rye - he's been with X-10 a *LONG*, *LONG* time. Get him involved and let him decide who to delegate responsibility to.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 06:42:34 PM by TakeTheActive »

latinjazz

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2006, 06:42:17 AM »

if your modules work in some outlets but not others it would mean that your wiring system is split. The current going to your fused electrical box is running on two separate systems originating from the main electrical source on the outside of your home. This may be because of new building code issues. You would need to have two separate x10 transceivers on each circuit. Or attach an extension cord between the two outlets that are functioning separately. This could probably be done on the outside circuit box with a single copper wire to link the two circuits.  The easiest and lawfull (building code) way would be two transceivers set to the same house code on each circuit. Remember that the x10 transceivers must be hooked in to the same wiring circuit for them to trigger the modules (lamps, fans, etc.)

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2006, 11:38:44 PM »

if your modules work in some outlets but not others it would mean that your wiring system is split. The current going to your fused electrical box is running on two separate systems originating from the main electrical source on the outside of your home. This may be because of new building code issues. You would need to have two separate x10 transceivers on each circuit. Or attach an extension cord between the two outlets that are functioning separately. This could probably be done on the outside circuit box with a single copper wire to link the two circuits. The easiest and lawfull (building code) way would be two transceivers set to the same house code on each circuit. Remember that the x10 transceivers must be hooked in to the same wiring circuit for them to trigger the modules (lamps, fans, etc.)

The "transceivers" idea sounds okay.  You could also purchase a "phase coupler" (some of which just plug into a dryer outlet) and propperly couple the signals from one phase of the AC wiring to the other.

The "extension cord" and "copper wire" ideas are probably also wonderful ways to solve your problem.  Once your house burns down... NO PROBLEM!   ;D

???
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

jimrooney

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2006, 02:53:52 PM »

This is exactly what just happened to me except I read this first so used on-line chat at the same time I was holding on the phone. My problem is that I placed my order a week ago and when I checked it online, (I had to do that twice since it didn't work the first time), it said that it was Pending Credit Card Verification. Only problem is that I didn't pay with a credit card. I paid with PayPal. So I asked William on online chat what was going on with this and it was like he disappeared. 20 minutes later, I ended the session. 40 minutes later, I was going to open a new session but the old one came up and finally there was a response from him that he's research it and email me what was going on. Funny thing, though... he never said he was going away or anything. He just was gone for that long.

That took about an hour and then after listening to the on-hold music and the half missing recordings from "Jesse" a person actually picked up in the call center. I explained the problem to her and she said she'd have to get a supervisor. After about 5 minutes, she came back and said she would have to email me the answer as her supervisor was not there at the time.

I just want to know why it is so difficult to get help from these folks. Maybe I'll pay a visit down there next week. I don't live very far away. I was actually thinking of applying for a job there but if they treat their employees like their customers, I don't know.  :'(

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2006, 02:01:35 PM »

...I'm leaving on vacation in a few days.

Are you back from vacation?

rondude2005 Profile:  Last Active:  2006-07-18, 17:40:29

I was wondering if you made any progress in troubleshooting your new equipment? (or did you just return everything??)

exair

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2006, 08:02:24 PM »

MAn you guys are scareing me . I always wanted a system but this nihtmare is killing me . I dont want to monitor the system and the sales people ,life is too short. The only way i would do it now is if i knew where i could walk right up to the company door.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.