Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Remote works, timer doesn't  (Read 7954 times)

glaurian

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Remote works, timer doesn't
« on: June 18, 2006, 03:41:47 PM »

Hi All,

I've been using X10 for a few years now and encountered a problem with one outdoor outlet. The outlet is a GFCI that has a 2 prong appliance module  connceted to string of rope lights. What I Dont understand is, why does the remote work, but the timer in the CM15A does not.

The GFCI on my other outdoor outlet works fine. I had thought it may be a phase issue, though I dismissed this as the remote does work.

I am begining to suspect the transmitter in the CM15A may not be working. I use several transeivers around the house, if I remove certain ones, even the remote will not work.

Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this?

Thanks, Greg

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: Remote works, timer doesn't
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 05:46:03 PM »

...Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this?...
To clarify... Is the remote sending an RF signal? Are you using the CM15A or a separate transceiver to receive signals from the remote's signal? Also are any of your "several transceivers" on the same HC?
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

glaurian

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 08:00:17 PM »

Yes, the remotes is sending RF.

I am using the CM15A (plugged in) as well as 3 other transceivers spread around the house, which is 1800 sq ft. (this was necessary to get any RF to work). This also seemed to fix a phasing problem I had when I started out.

Yes, all traceivers are on the same HC (A).

Steven, I appreciate your help.

Greg

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 10:28:10 PM »

Ok.. To begin with you may have some overlap which is not a good thing. I'm also assuming that you can't control the appliance from AHP directly in addition to with a timer.

• I suggest starting by turning off HC "A" on the CM15A and testing.
  • Then unplug every transceiver except 1 and test with the remote.
  • Next move the test transceiver closer and closer to the CM15A location. Ultimately testing with transceiver in the on the same circuit preferably the same outlet as the CM15A.
  • If you have any other controller, repeat the above steps with it.
  • What type of light is the rope lights? Try controlling a standard bulb.
  • Then try moving the appliance module closer and to the CM15A.

Let us know what happens. Also if I've missed something, I'm sure someone else will make another suggestion. :)
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.