Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: x10 lighting + wireless network  (Read 7684 times)

nuweb

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
x10 lighting + wireless network
« on: June 19, 2006, 04:41:03 PM »

hey all, i lived In a large farm house, without X10, in this, my Belklin Wirelss hub was able to send wireless connection  all over the traditional house. Also my digisender also was ablet to distribute its signals all over my old house.

Now, ive moved into my barn, it was developed with new techology includeing X10 lighting, when i first moved in, the digisender was able to connect properly, and send me details. The next i know their was a shortege, now when i go to the breakers, turn them back on. The digisender no longer is able to connect, both moduals are working. Sad, i dont have sky in my bedroom now.

Later in the week, i move my network, from my old house, to the new one. Same network layout ext, but the wireless belklin router, unforuantly says its unable to connect. The wireless router is very near my computer, so it should connect.

I have no other appliances, i have:
Lights with X10
One Tv - Connected to digisender (both off, not working)
Computer
Hub/switch
Belklin wireless router.

So i carnt understand what may be causeing it problams. Is it the X10? ..

(also what is the name for this x10, where you can controll all lights in my house via the "MC10U" controller.. Theirs a lot of X10 stuff i dident know about !! )

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: x10 lighting + wireless network
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 05:00:41 PM »

Any X10 Wireless cameras or 2.4Ghz cordless phones in the mix? Both are known to give wireless networks problems as the networks also give X10 caperas a fit sometimes.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.