Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How turn off the irritating audio when go to the X10.com site?  (Read 37145 times)

davek

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
    • Dot Net Code Slingers

Extremely annoying and I won't visit if I can't turn it off. Don't want to have to turn my speakers off each visit. Dave

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: How turn off the irritating audio when go to the X10.com site?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 01:34:56 PM »

The whole pop up is annoying even without the sound. It's advertising web spam in my opinion. I hardly ever go to the X10 site any more because of it. Use the feedback option and tell them what you think! They tried it on this forum site but got too many complaints so they took it off.

See this pole and discussion.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 01:38:55 PM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 02:18:54 PM »

A couple contacts...

Steve Groenier
Steve is X10's Director of Marketing and has been on the team since December of 2002.  His role includes driving new product marketing and finding new and innovative ways to introduce X10's unique products to everyone online.  Prior to joining X10, Steve served as the Senior Promotions Manager for the Walt Disney Internet Group working on sites like ESPN.com and ABCNews.com. 
[He seems to be one of the biggest pop up fans but has been know to listen to reason. He moved his bandit announcements to a separate area of this forum when we complained.]

Marko Wollschlaeger
I want you to say my last name 3 times! Come on! LOL!
Okay, okay…just call me Marko. Since January 2006 I am a Web Producer for X10 Wireless Technologies. My first two projects were www.x10securitysystems.com and www.x10MiniTimer.com . If you really want to know how a German ends up in producing web content in WA, please read the ABOUT ME section of my blog.
Auf Wiedersehen!
[One of X10's newest web designers. I'm still working on saying his last name once. His work is a refreshing change from the rest of the X10 site. He has eliminated the pop ups on his pages!]
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 02:21:38 PM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

davek

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
    • Dot Net Code Slingers
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 05:05:51 PM »

Just sent him a note. Hopefully everyone else will also. Thanks, Dave

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 06:36:32 PM »

I avoid the web site as much as possible. Bad enough the stupid things annoy you on the main page but also on every page you go to. ::) ::) :P :P

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 06:56:47 AM »

I also sent Steve an email with my two cents about the pop ups not that I expect it will do any good.
_ _ ...  ..._ _

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.