Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Video Capture Adapter  (Read 12911 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Video Capture Adapter
« on: April 03, 2006, 02:43:31 AM »

Hi guys just ordered that software 4 pack including Iwitness just doubled checked and there's no Video capture adapter  :'(, isn't this software useless without it?? If so why would x10 sell it knowing you couldn't actually use it. Thanks

tcj

Chris S.

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
Re: Video Capture Adapter
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 07:20:38 PM »

I guess it depends on the "Special".
I usually check the "What's Included" blue link at the bottom of a special to
determine what comes with the order.

You can always call X10 with your order number and confirm what was purchased.

J Lawson

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 09:35:43 PM »

hello,
you should have gotton an adapter,several times my order has been wrong with X-10.Hope you have better luck than me with X-10.I hate to be negative but its true. :(

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 12:25:10 PM »

Call and talk to the sales department. If a VA11A was supposed to be part of that package, they can correct the problem. If there's another package that includes the VA11A they can switch things around to get you what you need.

tom j

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 10:05:29 PM »

Hi well it wasen't part of the package and after I pointed out that how could I use my cameras without it the salesperson decided to just throw it in. Glad I did a little reading on this before I made the purchase. The deal was AHP with the usb cable the three software packages, iWitness, Smart Macros, My House. for 49.99! Great deal !! but who ever put the package together obviously didn't realize that the iWitness software without the usb video capture adapter is to my way of thinking useless. Well she was nice enough to enclude it with my order so I'm happy!! ;D

tcj

Mystyx

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • eye see you
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 10:53:53 PM »

but who ever put the package together obviously didn't realize that the iWitness software without the usb video capture adapter is to my way of thinking useless.

You can use any video input device such as your video card if it has input.
Anything is Possible, NOW!! But What can I afford?!
I Can't Afford Time, cause Money is so Important!!

blades

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 08:20:58 AM »

It's true.  Also, if you are like (probably) most of the consumers of this stuff, you bought into a camera pack up front and didn't like the software/interfaces and bought a pack like this to add-on.  This was a GREAT bargain for me as I was setting up a system and found that I didn't have enough stuff and had to make a few orders to get all of what I needed for the job, which left me with some leftovers.

Anyway, it seems that most of the camera kits that include multi-view come with the video receiver and the USB adapter.  I ordered two sets of cameras and each one came with both of those parts.

Glad you got one.  Hope you get on well with the software.  Approach with expectations that it will take you a bit of time to get things working like you want them.  Some of this stuff is a little finicky and software has some work yet to be done for stability and efficiency, but it DOES seem to work as advertised if you put a little brainwork in - which it sounds like you are already doing.

tom j

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 11:07:27 AM »

It's true.  Also, if you are like (probably) most of the consumers of this stuff, you bought into a camera pack up front and didn't like the software/interfaces and bought a pack like this to add-on.  This was a GREAT bargain for me as I was setting up a system and found that I didn't have enough stuff and had to make a few orders to get all of what I needed for the job, which left me with some leftovers.

Anyway, it seems that most of the camera kits that include multi-view come with the video receiver and the USB adapter.  I ordered two sets of cameras and each one came with both of those parts.

Glad you got one.  Hope you get on well with the software.  Approach with expectations that it will take you a bit of time to get things working like you want them.  Some of this stuff is a little finicky and software has some work yet to be done for stability and efficiency, but it DOES seem to work as advertised if you put a little brainwork in - which it sounds like you are already doing.

Hi well yes I'm trying to do the research, Say you can use the inputs of your video card in place of the usb adapter?? if so it wasen't explained to me. I really didn't get Multiview just iWitness plus te other two software titles mentioned. Just curious if this is true, support and sales never mentioned this. Say also can't iWithess do everything Multiview can do.  Thanks Guys!!!!

Tcj

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 12:26:25 PM »

You can't use your video card's video capture with iWitness; it checks for the VA11A. iWitness does everything Multiview does, and quite a bit more: scanning and switching more than 4 cameras, views for more than 4 cameras, recording video, control of Ninja and Vanguard cameras, plus the ability to schedule events through macros.

blades

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 03:52:10 PM »

Not to mention that it is WAY more stable than multiview.  I only gave as example...most of the camera kits come with a bunch of extra (not so great in some cases) stuff.

A little more work and iWitness will be a pretty cool little app.

ZZ

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2006, 01:38:07 PM »

Welcome to the "I got porked by X10 Club".  :'(

"Oh, you want to plug them in to your computer, that will be another $49.95"

"Oh, you need the wireless receiver because the Active Home Pro won't receive video (even though we said it did on our website) Oops!"

"Now that you have spent three times as much than you originally planned and it does not work, sorry sir it must be your PC."
Current Configuration:
* Windows XP Pro
* Active Home Pro Interface CM15A
* 2  Color wireless cameras XX17A
* Iwitness Software
* Myhome Software
* Ninja Pan and Tilt accessory VK74A
* 2 Eagle Eye Motion Sensors MX14A
* USB VGA Adapter VA11A
* Wireless Receiver VR36A

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.