Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Multi-Camera Issues  (Read 10302 times)

RMorgan

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Multi-Camera Issues
« on: June 26, 2006, 12:58:36 PM »

Hello, I have a few issues that I could use help with.

1) I have set up 4 different cameras with 4 different codes, but only the closest camera is projecting an image. All of the other cameras show the same image if I activate them.

2) I also have one of the cameras on the Ninja Robotic stand. I can move it with the handheld remote control device, but the software will not move it.

3) One of the suggestions I read was to go Tools, Preferences, Multi-Cameras to check options. Whenever I click on any of the folders such as Multi-cameras I receive the typicla Microsoft has encountered a problem and it shuts down AHP.

Any suggestions on these issues would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Richard

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Multi-Camera Issues
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 03:58:04 PM »

Richard try purging your macros then clear the interface.Shut down AHP and restart your PC.
If that doesn't help try a scandisk with both options checked and defrag the drive. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

RMorgan

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 11:04:51 AM »

I tried the above suggestions, but no change on any of the 3 issues. Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks, Richard

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 03:15:50 PM »

Do you have a transceiver set to transmit the housecode that the cameras are on?
Are they on the same housecode, and the same "group" of unit codes (1-4, 5-8, 9-12, or 13-16)?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 03:45:44 PM »

Richard when you state your using 4 different codes are they house codes or unit codes as Noam stated?
You may be experiancing the Dominate cam prob try issuing a OFF command to that cam before you start the next.
Also  your cams house code must be set to TRANSCIVED check in the Hardware configuration that transcieved is set to auto and the housecode for the cams is checked. If they don't apeared checked in Auto mode change to specific and manualy specify.
As for the last problem. Are you running Windows 98 or ME I 've seen this with these 2 OS but not XP.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

RMorgan

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 03:17:21 PM »

Guys, I do appreciate your time on helping with the issues. I was out of town for a couple of days. I am still having the same issues and here is the answer to the suggestions I have received so far:

The Transceiver is set on same house code as cameras "A". I have tried putting the cameras all in the same group code, such as A1 - A2 - A3 - A4, or setting one per group such as A3 - A5 - A9 - A13, same result each time. Only one cameras view is shown through all of the cameras.

I did verify that in the Hardware configuration the Housecode is set for "A" and the auto mode is checked.

Not sure how to issue an 'OFF' command to the camera before moving to the next one.

Under Tools/Preferences using (Macro Options, General Video, Still Capture, Video Setting, or Multi-Camera) tabs cause the the program to shutdown. The other couple of tabs function properly.

I am using Windows XP.

Is this forum monitored by X10 techs also. Just curious so if the problems cannot be corrected I am can proceed to consider requesting a refund on the software. I had hoped it would be a bit more user friendly and work of course. All I am wanting to do is hook four of the cameras up in the building and be able to view them via the internet.

Any further suggestion would be further appreciated, or if any of the experts out there live near Greenville, SC please let me know.

Thanks, Richard

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 03:34:52 PM »

The cameras need to all be in the same house code, and the group of four unit codes (1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-16)
Make sure they are all set to the same channel (a/b/c/d) as the receiver.
Turning on one camera in the group is supposed to turn off all the others in that group.
Try using a hand-held remote, instead of trying to switch using AHP, to see if it works that way.

jawaid

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 05:47:25 PM »

What happens if you remove the power on the "dominant" camera? Do you see the other cams transmitting? I have seen the cameras occasionally be very stubborn. This can be fixed by cycling the power, change the camera address, or put it on a different outlet.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 09:43:21 PM »

configuration the Housecode is set for "A" and the auto mode is checked.

Not sure how to issue an 'OFF' command to the camera before moving to the next one.

I just got back from Holidays my self to issue an off command is easy in a macro just a delay then add the camera again and check off.
If you just wish to do this in AHP outside a macro is with a phantom or dummy module make sure in "Preferences" you have "multiple modules can use same address" checked then create a module (Appliance module) now when you click this module on or off the cam will respond. I had to do this for an old wired cam I had plugged into a video sender others have this for dominate cams.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

rockman

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 10:19:03 PM »

I'm having the same issue with the iWitness software. I can plug one camera in at a time and they show picture but when I plug them all in iWitness will only show one cameras picture but shows all 4 cameras present with same house code and different unit codes. I was previously using the vanguard software and everything was working fine, with the exception of vanguard crashing once in a while so I know the cameras and hardware are working OK. AHP also shuts down while trying to use the preferences tabs. Any help would be great.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.