Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2 Vanguard Camera Setup Problem  (Read 19142 times)

moeman

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
2 Vanguard Camera Setup Problem
« on: July 03, 2006, 05:11:48 PM »

I just add a second Vanguard Camera and it seems to be interfering with the the signal from the first Vanguard Camera. I have tried different settings within the Vanguard software and still no luck. It only works if I disconnect the first vanguard camera or vice versa.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: 2 Vanguard Camera Setup Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 06:42:29 PM »

Can't say about the software, but only one wireless camera can be on at a time or they interfere with each other.
How are the House and Unit Code settings on the addressable power supplies set?

moeman

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 12:01:21 PM »

The first Vanguard camera is set to House Code A, Unit Code 1 and the second Vanguard camera is set to House Code A, Unit Code 2.

Did you say that 2 Vanguard cameras cannot be connected at the same time? Does this mean that I can only install one otherwise it will cause problems?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 02:17:57 PM »

No you can have 4 without added requirements. Only one can be on at a time. I am not farmilliar with the Vanguard model, but have used other ones. Basically the power supply for the camera has a addressable on/off function. They work in groups of four. House Code and Unit 1-4;5-8;9-12 and 13-16. A powerline  ON to lets say your A1 should automatically turn off A2 A3 and A4.
I may brave the X10 sales site [I do HATE those stupid talking messages] and see the Vanguards users manual.
May have more data later.
Later:
Did you set the second cameras address as shown in the manual [yes I did find it]. Moving the program switch 'program' and using the remote to set it to C2? Manual said you can use up to four so maybe it is a setup problem. Below is the Knowledgebase address where you may fine added help.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Main_Page
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 02:44:17 PM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.