Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: video sender  (Read 4559 times)

moe

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
video sender
« on: July 04, 2006, 02:45:07 PM »

Has anyone had any luck to get  more range or power from the video sender transmitter or tried a better antenna? I now have the transmitter in the center of my home but still receive a poor signal in some of the rooms?
Moe ???

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: video sender
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 05:04:42 PM »

Moe: Check out this link modification and do a search of this forum you may find other suggestions such as mounting it higher and checking for noise  ;) :D ;D
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 08:39:12 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Bill C.

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: video sender
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 02:03:29 PM »

I also considered making my own repeater to extend the range of my more remote cameras, but I'm too busy to build it.  Keep in mind when making antenna mods to
not alter the length of the coaxial feed.......at 2.4 GHz a 1/4 inch difference can throw the VSWR  out to the point of negating improvements from antenna gain !
Remember installing or tuning C.B. radios how line lengths were optimum at multiples of three feet ?  Well VSWR rules still apply here too .....but at fractions of an inch, not in feet ! You are just lucky if simply snipping the line and attaching another antenna improves your reception.  I have been working with 2.4 Ghz equipment for the past nine years....... trust me on this. 

;)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.