Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Socketrocket with CM11A  (Read 40621 times)

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: Socketrocket with CM11A
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2006, 05:44:21 PM »

I just pulled up ActiveHome for the CM11A and it does in fact include the SC546 Chime module (as does ActiveHome Pro for the CM15A).

So that's the way to go to program a SocketRocket:  Define a Chime at the housecode/unit address desired for the SocketRocket.  Within 30 seconds after powering up the SocketRocket, click the Chime module icon switch three or more times in succession a second or two apart.  When the light bulb in the SocketRocket turns On, that signifies that the Socket Rocket has learned the new address.

steven r:
I don't think the old ActiveHome will allow you to define more than one module at a given housecode/unit address in a given program file - you have to create a separate file for the SocketRocket programming.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2006, 07:32:41 PM »

steven r:
I don't think the old ActiveHome will allow you to define more than one module at a given housecode/unit address in a given program file - you have to create a separate file for the SocketRocket programming.

Although I (think that I) interpreted steven r differently (3 modules at 3 different HC/UC Addresses), ActiveHome [Original] will indeed let you assign as many PLC Receivers you wish to 1 Address.

IIRC, it gets 'fussy>:( with Macros and Motion Sensors... (which is why I had to use B4 instead of F4 for my '> > > 1½-Way Status Indicator < < <')
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 08:12:23 PM by TakeTheActive »
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2006, 08:09:30 PM »

Take The Active and Steven R:
Whoops, you're correct!!!   I looked again and wonder if something was changed in the later releases.  I seem to remember jumping through hoops when I wanted to rearrange module addresses with the original ActiveHome - I had to first reassign the module at the destination address to an unused address before I could assign a different module to that destination address.  (Although I may be remembering wrong and it was only macro addresses.)

But I notice that there now appears to be a built-in automatic programming mode in ActiveHome for the LM15A Socket Rocket - if I select LM15A from the module menu, a window pops up saying to turn on the power and press OK to set the address.  (I don't know how well it works.)

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2006, 10:40:15 PM »

...But I notice that there now appears to be a built-in automatic programming mode in ActiveHome for the LM15A Socket Rocket - if I select LM15A from the module menu, a window pops up saying to turn on the power and press OK to set the address.  (I don't know how well it works.)
When was that added?
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2006, 10:42:30 PM »

...But I notice that there now appears to be a built-in automatic programming mode in ActiveHome for the LM15A Socket Rocket - if I select LM15A from the module menu, a window pops up saying to turn on the power and press OK to set the address.  (I don't know how well it works.)
When was that added?

It's in Version 1.32 (B2.0.69).
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 07:09:44 AM by TakeTheActive »
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.