Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 Software  (Read 5492 times)

squareknot

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X10 Software
« on: July 06, 2006, 06:25:13 PM »

I just built a new computer with XP-Pro OS. My old Win-98 was obsolete according to MS. I now have a problem, how can I get a download of the AHP with Macros and Iwitness plugins?

Since the reason for upgrading to a new computer was the old one quit. I was in hopes of transferring the program from the old computer, but it won't come up.

Chuck

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: X10 Software
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 07:44:32 PM »

Go to http://www.x10.com/activehomepro/activehome-pro.htm, you can order Active Home Pro with the CM15A USB interface for $49.99 for the base system or the "Ultimate System" for $99.99.

If you still have the old Win98 box and it runs, Get the old .x10 files from Active Home.  If you can transfer them to the new system AHP will import them and you won't lose your modules and timers you had in Active Home.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 09:01:50 PM »

...My old Win-98 was obsolete according to MS.

I bought a USED Toshiba 550CDT (eBay) and installed Win98SE *ESPECIALLY* to run ActiveHome [Original] v1.32! :) [I was using a Toshiba 430CDT, but I wanted to increase the screen resolution for "surfing" form 800x600 to 1024x768.]

...I now have a problem, how can I get a download of the AHP with Macros and Iwitness plugins?

Did you *BUY* ActiveHome Pro? [CM15A] If yes, you should have gotten LINKs to access the software and you'll have an ORDER NUMBER to use for validation.

...I just built a new computer with XP-Pro OS... ...Since the reason for upgrading to a new computer was the old one quit. I was in hopes of transferring the program from the old computer, but it won't come up.

WHAT won't come up? Don't expect AH [Original] to run on XP - IIRC, there's a patch to allow it run on 2K; but, it runs *BEST* on 9X. AFAIK, AH Pro can IMPORT AH macros.
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

G.W.VanderHaeghe

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 12:15:58 AM »

Split your HD run both systems,then import to xp,probably better off with 98,to much spyware in xp from MS

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.