Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Camera's Not Working  (Read 4002 times)

djfanoh

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Camera's Not Working
« on: May 27, 2006, 04:13:04 PM »

>:( I have had my X10 Wireless Color Cams hooked up for about 2 months now. 1 of them on the front porch and the other the back door. Now all I can see is black. I am not sure what is wrong with the camera. Everything is set up as it always has been. House code is A the one camera is A1 and the other is A2 and the tv info is all set to A for both tv's. All I get is a black picture what is wrong. Did the cameras go bad? I have them on the ninja tripods also. I have tried everything I can think of. Maybe I should get a refund on some new cameras to see if that is the problem.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Camera's Not Working
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 04:22:08 PM »

Both are black on the TV and not a static picture? Double check that the receiver is on the same channel as the two cameras are set to. Also that the cable from the receiver to the TV is tight. Also that the TV is set to the correct channel if you are using the antenna input or the correct video input jack on the TV if you are using a video input.
Can you still pan and tilt on the selected camera?

djfanoh

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 11:37:12 AM »

:) Ok I will give it a try. Not sure why it is acting up at the moment. Maybe I should have gone cable instead of wireless. I hope X10 comes out with something to help boost the signal I bought the video kits to increase range. It did nothing to help for some reason. I am going to go check it out to see if I can get them working right.  Thanks Again!

netguy

• Helpful Post Rating: 8
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 06:58:52 PM »

Previously posted under "Interference of X-10 Equipment" thread: Interference of X-10 Equipment
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 12:13:33 AM by TakeTheActive »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.