Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CAMERA NOT WORKING  (Read 7431 times)

mrscary

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CAMERA NOT WORKING
« on: May 04, 2006, 08:41:01 PM »

hi, i have this camera for quit a while now.. i just hook up again after i move to new house.. it's not working.. what am i doing wrong?
i followed all the instruction but not working, i have tried all of the 3 cameras that i have and switch to different chanel and such. but no luck.

please help.

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
Re: CAMERA NOT WORKING
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 06:57:14 AM »

What type of camera. Wired or wireless.

i have tried all of the 3 cameras that i have and switch to different chanel and such. but no luck.
Do any of the three cameras work?
_ _ ...  ..._ _

mrscary

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 09:55:03 AM »

it is wireless, it was working before, i have 3 camera, remote control bought it as a multi camera. but now just want to use only one camera, but couldnt' figure out why it's not working.. http://www.x10.com/cameras/cameras_wireless.html

JimC

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 10:23:00 AM »

mrscary,

I would start by checking the following
1. Make sure the channel on both the receiver and camera are the same. (A,B,C)
2. Make sure that the house code on both the palm pad and camera are the same.
3. Make sure that the unit code on the camera is the same as the one you are selecting with the palm pad.
4. Make sure you have power to both the camera and the receiver.
5. Verify all of the cable connections between the receiver and the TV.
7 If the TV has more than one video input, make sure you have selected the correct one.
8. If you are using a VCR to take the input to the TV, make sure it is set up correctly.
9. I would start with the camera close to the receiver until you get this problem worked out to eliminate any interference problems.
_ _ ...  ..._ _

mrscary

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 11:28:04 AM »

JIMC,
thanks for the help..
I've checked everything, and everything seems to hook up fine. like i said on my first post, i installed this at my old house before, and everthing was working FINE.
I've hooked everthing up the same as i did at my old house. i wonder if the transceiver is bad, but ust for a test, i plug a blowdryer on the bottom of and it has power. Now, do i need to reprogram the remote control? But mainly i just want to use only one camera. and the intruction are so easy to mess up, but it's not working out for me.

JimC

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 11:40:15 AM »

Make sure that the TM751 and camera are on the same house code. To test everything out I would plug everything into the same outlet just to make sure there is no problem with the signal not moving between phases.
_ _ ...  ..._ _

billy

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 12:06:33 PM »

Forget about the TM751.  With only one camera and the video receiver it should display the camera.
The camera's addressable power supply, defaults to on when first plugged in. Unplug it and then plug it back in.

Like JimC said in step 9 bring the 2 unit close together when testing.
"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."  Albert Camus

JimC

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 01:42:33 PM »

Just thought of something that I should have added to my list of things to check. This is obvious but that is the type of thing I usually over look. Make sure the output switch on the video receiver is set to the same channel as your TV. I believe the options are channel 3 and 4.
_ _ ...  ..._ _

mrscary

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 08:08:41 AM »

i thought it would work just like billy explain, but it's not, i carefully checked everthing. try different camera, outlet, etc!! since i have 3 cameras. also follow instruction from http://www.x10.com/instructions/one_cam.htm. I also have friends look over with me. we still cant get this going.. tomorrow i will try it on a better newer tv , but i don't think it's the tv..

thanks guys, will let you know what happend.

netguy

• Helpful Post Rating: 8
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 07:04:09 PM »

I think I can Help. Most likely you have interference problems.
I just posted the following message under "Interference of X-10 Equipment" thread:
Interference of X-10 Equipment

« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 12:16:56 AM by TakeTheActive »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.