Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Question about recording to VCR  (Read 10185 times)

svdxgrc

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
  • H T T R!!! This Year for Sure!!
Question about recording to VCR
« on: July 07, 2006, 08:50:19 PM »

I just got my Xcam2 today and granted I haven't started to set it up yet..so maybe I'm jumping ahead of myself but as I was reading the quick start sheet and the owner's manuals I realized that maybe this cam won't do what I need it to do.  So I decided to ask before I made any rash decisions....My question is...Can you record to the VCR without the video playing through the TV?  Will the VCR record directly from the camera?  I need to SECRETLY record someone in my home in order to get them out so I definitely don't want them on the TV at the time we're recording obviously.  OF course I haven't told them about the camera either...So if this is not possible I'm gonna need to return this camera.  Is this possible?
Thanks for any help...
SVDxGRC..."Jesus Wept"

svdxgrc

• H T T R!!! This Year for Sure!!
Re: Question about recording to VCR
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 12:07:54 AM »

So no one knows the answer to this particular question...Out of the 22 people who viewed this question no one knew the answer ...Is there anyone or anywhere I can post to get an answer of some kind to this question?..Thanks
SVDxGRC..."Jesus Wept"

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 12:43:52 PM »

You can record directly to a VCR and as long as the VCR is not connected to the TV it can not be viewed by someone watching the TV. I currently do this using the VCR Comender and motion sensor to start and stop the recording and it works fine.
_ _ ...  ..._ _

RockinDolphin

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 12:41:29 AM »

Yes. As the other person said, you typically don't need a TV hooked to the VCR to record with it as they work separate from the TV, anyway, unless they're built into the TV, naturally.

~Kenny

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 01:00:02 AM »

You can record to a VCR without a TV just like an answering machine can record without a phone. While you don't need a phone to playback messages, you do, however, need a VCR connected to a TV to view recordings.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.