💬General Category > General Discussion

This product is ALL HYPE

(1/2) > >>

suckered:
Great advertising.  Lousy product.  Purchased AHP and a couple of WS12A dimmer switches, a couple of lamp modules, and an RF style (3 unit) switch.  I would say the AHP module stuck to the programmed schedule the first couple days.  After that, lights may or may not go on.  Or, go on at non-scheduled times.  The RF switch will only work if it's 10 feet from the control module (what range!).  The WS12A dimmer switch started going on whenever it wanted, even after I disconnected the control module and even with no bothersome appliances going (e.g. washer, dryer).  I finally decided to re-install my original (basic) switch, and in removing the WS12A I discovered that it was almost too hot to touch!  Needless to say I was glad I was removing this thing before something really serious happened.  What a waste of money!

wssparks77:
 :'(   I am with you pal. I purchased over $400.00 worth and its a crap shoot on what will and what will not work.

steven r:

--- Quote from: suckered on July 08, 2006, 12:22:56 PM ---...and in removing the WS12A I discovered that it was almost too hot to touch!...

--- End quote ---
While AHP & X10 have some challenges, a WS12A switch under normal use should never be that hot. You may of had a defective switch.
BTW... What where you switching with it? (It's recommended for incandescent lights only 60-300 watts.)

TakeTheActive:

--- Quote from: wssparks77 on July 11, 2006, 06:48:38 PM --- :'(   I am with you pal. I purchased over $400.00 worth and its a crap shoot on what will and what will not work.
--- End quote ---

X-10 came onto the scene ~30 years ago. Unfortunately, in the years since then, *MANY* new (and unexpected!) electronic devices came onto the market that INTERFERE with X-10.  :o

Sadly, X-10 doesn't make this "critical information" public in their ads. :(

CLICK on my SIG LINK and spend some time reading - you'll learn how to get it all working... :)

suckered:

--- Quote from: steven r on July 11, 2006, 10:28:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: suckered on July 08, 2006, 12:22:56 PM ---...and in removing the WS12A I discovered that it was almost too hot to touch!...

--- End quote ---
While AHP & X10 have some challenges, a WS12A switch under normal use should never be that hot. You may of had a defective switch.
BTW... What where you switching with it? (It's recommended for incandescent lights only 60-300 watts.)

--- End quote ---

Just my front porch lights.  All incandescent and well below 300 watts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version