Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Motion activated macro for cam recording  (Read 4298 times)

holodoc

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Motion activated macro for cam recording
« on: July 09, 2006, 02:00:21 PM »

Hi:
I want to have a macro that gets triggered to start by motion activation of an outdoor eagle motion senorr and records the action for 5 minutes.  I cant fugure how to get the motion sensorr to trigger the macro - I cant see it in the macro lists. any sugessteions?tahnks

jawaid

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Motion activated macro for cam recording
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 10:27:37 PM »

I assume that you have AHP with Smart Macros, and iWitness modules. Set your motion sensor to some address, for example set it to  B1. Make sure that the AHP picks up the the motion triggers from the sensor. The Activity Monitor in AHP is a pretty useful tool. Once you have done this, write a macro to trigger on 'B1 on', turn on the camera module, and start the video. Put in a delay of whatever minutes you need and then stop the video. All these commands are available through the Smart Macros screens and easy to use.

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 12:32:32 PM »

holodoc,
Let us know the results.  I've had problems with iWitness.  Some times iWitness will stop recording ... see my forum topic "Camera module doesn't work sometime."  Also, Jawaid had similar problems but seems to have solved the problem with a new VA11A module.  So I would be interested in your results once you get going.  Thanks.

jawaid

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 09:47:30 PM »

In my case, replacing the VA11A seems to have made the difference. It is hard to say whether the problems were all caused by the VA11A or it just worked out by fluke.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.