Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tip to Improve Reliability  (Read 3952 times)

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
Tip to Improve Reliability
« on: July 10, 2006, 09:06:57 PM »

This may have been suggested somewhere else on the forms but I didn't see it so I thought I would post it here. I have allot of macros doing allot of things at preset times. At dusk I have a series of lights come on and go to different brightness, lights that turn off at preset times, motion sensors that bring up lights then go back down and at dawn everythings shuts down and then gets set for daytime running. One day everything works fine then the next maybe a light that should come on and dim doesn't or a light that should shut off stays on, you know what I mean. Well what I started doing is writing 2 macros for the must happen events. Lights that come on at dusk (all in one macro) is triggered at dusk. A second macro (same as the first) is set to trigger at dusk plus 10 minutes. Same goes when shutting down lights. A BACKUP macro is written to trigger a few minutes later.

Since I have started doing this my lighting has been 100% reliable. If it fails the first time the second macro will do the job. Just wanted to share this tip and hope it helps some of you.

X-10... X-Files... its all in the spelling!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 05:53:41 AM by KDR »
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.