Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cm15a All Off  (Read 2714 times)

crgross

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Cm15a All Off
« on: July 11, 2006, 11:21:11 AM »

Could someone please step me thorough the process to program the cm15a for all units off ?
I read one post that briefly touched on  this subject but wasn't really any help.
Thanks

mnazmi

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Cm15a All Off
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 10:04:43 AM »

Thank you all for participating in my CM15a 50/60HZ debate.  It is an ever simple job to built into X10 products 50/60HZ capability or even 110/240 Volts capability without charging an arm and a leg for it and I wonder why X10 does not do that  !!

The latest that I have come up (but not tested) to over come the clock issue with CM15a is as follows:

Most PC mother boards  have a "wake on Lan" or a "wake on modem"  connection.  This is ususally a 2/3 pin connector some where on the mother board that one can connect to a relay contact and when the relay is energized a PC that is sleeping or suspended wakes up.  I am planing to coonect this to an appliance module that is macroed to energise at midnight.  this will wake my PC that will then run the X10 automation program (active home) that connects to CM15a and as a result it will automatically updates the time in the CM15a. This way, once every 24 hour, the CM15a is brought to the correct time (within an minute or two).  Time shifts within any 24 hour can be compensated for through programming of the macro counts.

PS:  Bet place to buy X10 in on ebay and the best seller is Digitronix

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 10:18:39 AM »

Thank you all for participating in my CM15a 50/60HZ debate....
Interesting approach to your problem but did you mean to post it somewhere else? It doesn't relate to crgross's question.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 10:22:33 AM »

Could someone please step me thorough the process to program the cm15a for all units off ?...
Are you looking to create a macro to do this?
Do want it to have a timer?
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 11:39:48 AM »

I have a keypress macro that turns off all lights on Housecodes A, C & F.  The keypress is A5 (there are no modules on A5) OFF and all lights turn off in sequence.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.